Storage in Promenade Cabin

We have our first Promenade cabin booked on Freedom leaving 5/1. We've stayed in interior cabins several times (including on Monarch and Sovereign), so we are fine with dealing with small spaces as long as we have plenty of storage to keep things neat.

But I just read somewhere that Promenade cabins have no drawers, only shelves. If that's true, where do you store your clothes? I hate the idea of having my swimsuits and underwear folded on an open shelf for all to see.

Can someone who has sailed in a Promenade cabin help?

Edited by handbellplayer

We had 2 drawers in the shelving unit that was under the television. It was big enough to put swimsuits and under garments. I think I might have even put some pajamas in there too. It's not really big enough for anyone who packs lots of different outfits or who have 2 grown ups who want to take their clothes out of the suitcase. My daughter left all her clothes in her suitcase which is the only reason I had room for all that stuff of my own.

To get around that, you can bring extra hangers and just hang stuff up.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

We haven't cruised in a Promenade before, but we have been in one to visit friends. I remember some drawers, but I think they are small ones.

I just googled and found this - it's a video of a PR stateroom on Freedom. Hope this will help!

Judy

We haven't cruised in a Promenade before, but we have been in one to visit friends. I remember some drawers, but I think they are small ones.

I just googled and found this - it's a video of a PR stateroom on Freedom. Hope this will help!

Judy

Good find on the video.:)

Just when I think I have everything planned and need to stop spending so much time on CC I hear something useful. :)

Cruising in our 1st PR cabin on Liberty soon. Thanks handbellplayer for asking the question and everyone else on the answers and the video find! Gave me some things to think about.

I definitely may bring a shoe organizer this time. I also like the idea of leaving my folding clothes in my suitcase under the bed & just sliding it out like a drawer.

Looks like it's going to be tight especially since it's me & DD - separated beds & 2 women! The space just keeps getting smaller. LOL Not to mention we're driving so no airline luggage restrictions. :eek:

Somehow I think we'll manage and has a fantastic time! Thanks for the heads up though! :D