Two weeks and no reply from tours

Dabut

I tried to book with Marc through his website, and from my own e-mail. I did the same with Albert's transport, used their website first, waited a week, then sent my own e-mail. Neither of these have responded yet. Does this seem odd? Should I assume I will not be able to get a reservation?

On the other hand, I e-mailed Boradive to book their aqua safari, and they responded in two days. Unfortunately, they told me they could not make a reservation for me because I was arriving on the TP, and they had to book through Princess only, for $20 more than their independent price. Things are not working out as planned, I hope it comes together soon!

p.s. What the heck are plastic shoes for swimming near coral, is everybody talking about water socks? Thanks.

Keep trying with email and the websites. Both suppliers are worth the effort although it is frustrating.

The beaches and lagoons are not the smooth sandy bottoms you are probably thinking about. Water socks may work but might not hold up. I felt a good sole was worth the investment (a few dollars more) as opposed to water socks which tend to have a thin rubber sole. Consider a water shoe from Lands End (some Sears stores sell them) or check with a local dive shop.

Dabut,

Whenever I had to send multiple requests to a tour operator, I always prefaced the note telling them that "since I understand there is difficulty in sending emails to French Polynesia, I am resending my earlier request to make sure you have received it." That way I was bugging politely. :) The FP people are very sweet and if they haven't replied, they probably haven't gotten the emails.

Archived