NOLA Hotels with transportation

MandiJenks

Hey y'all,

So My friend and I are sailing out of New Orleans on the Triumph on June 11th. I am a first time cruiser and was wondering if anyone knew of any reasonably priced hotels that off free or inexpensive transportation to the cruise terminal. We live in MS so we will be either driving over or someone will drop us off.

It's not a huge deal, we just wanted to come over a day early and spend the afternoon/evening exploring the French Quarter and River Walk. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Mandi

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Love Nola! We stayed in Metarie at the Best Western and had free transportation to port.Cab back to hotel after cruise it was 20.00 ( 2years ago) Another possibility is to stay on a trolley line such as Lower Garden St Charles quality inn so you can take advantage of the trolley as parking in the French Quarter is costly and not fun to navigate at night.Trolley is a few dollars to ride all day. Doing this you could park at the port. I think they are more reasonable than most for cost.

Enjoy your time in New Orleans....its amazing!

I love New Orleans, it's a lot of fun! I only live about an hour away. It's sad I don't go more often.

We were looking for somewhere near the French Quarter. I know it is difficult to find reasonably priced. More than likely we would have someone just drop us down there so we don't have to hassle with the stress of paying for parking.

Jealous! I just looked on Hotwire and for one night it was $389

Actually Expedia messed up our reservation at the Country Inn and Suites so they transferred us to the Hilton Riverside for no extra charge! It didn't have the French Quarter character that I was originally going for, but it was a great location and super convenient.

Jealous! I just looked on Hotwire and for one night it was $389

The 4* for $122 per night in the Warehouse district may vary well be the Hilton. The description is identical to what I chose when we got it for $91. Either way a 4* for that price should be a very nice option.

The 4* for $122 per night in the Warehouse district may vary well be the Hilton. The description is identical to what I chose when we got it for $91. Either way a 4* for that price should be a very nice option.

Is that the name of the hotel? I apologize that I'm making this difficult. I swear I'm an educated person! Lol

You looking at June 10th? I'm assuming that's the night she needs. I see Hilton Riverside but it's $344. The only hotels I see under $200 are 3* in garden district for $131 and French Quarter-Bourbon Street for $160.

Yeah, the 10th is correct. And 3* hotels are fine too. We don't need anything fancy. Just clean and close to fun activities and the terminal.

Hilton Riverside would've been perfect.

The amenities they list on that $160 hotel are so generic it could be anything. But I think it's Royal St. Charles..which is a good one. I have a friend who only books that hotel. Just a few blocks from Canal/Bourbon..but a few blocks further from the port. The problem is if you want to guarantee a 2 bed room on hotwire, you need to search for 2 adults and 2 children. When you do that this hotel disappears...so I'm guessing they don't have any 2 bed rooms available. I guess this one depends on how close you and your friend are :)

The garden district one is tough because it's further from the french quarter and people usually try to book closer to the french quarter.So you rarely get to see what those hotels are. But a garden district hotel could be close to the port..and just a short streetcar ride away from the french quarter. That $131 garden district goes to $136 with 2 adults and 2 children so I assume they do have 2 bed rooms available if that's what you need.

I don't know what's going on that weekend but hotels are filling up. I'd book something soon. If you do book a hotwire hotel, let us know what you get. It would be good for future reference.

Edited by Saint Greg

Yeah, I've noticed how quickly hotels are booking, so I'd imagine something is going on. And we only need one room. We were college roommates for years and are sharing a room on the triumph. So that's not a huge deal. If we decide to do that I'll let y'all know. Thanks for the help, I greatly appreciate it!!

Edited by MandiJenks