Be Careful Redeeming Your Carnival Gift Cards

422Melissa

Last Saturday, someone attempted to have $700 of Carnival gift cards applied to their account at Port Canaveral prior to boarding the Valor. Somehow their cards were applied to my account. I discovered the $700 credit on the second day of the cruise when my Amber Cove excursion was cancelled. When I went to guest services to report the error, they were unable to remove the credit and has to wait for corporate accounting to take care of it. They had no way to determine who was missing the credit since the transaction was done in the port vs. on the ship. I hope that the money found its way to the correct owners.

wowwwwwww!!! thanks for the warning.

all of mine worked, but I had a $722 credit on my account on the invoice printed the last day. They would not let me cash out but quickly fedexed me a gift card for my balance - but it is $140 less than my balance!!! I have to call tomorrow to see *** is up with that. UGH. I was already unhappy they would not let me cash out on the ship. We debarked Sunday and the fedex showed up today.I am ready to book my next cruise so I hope they don't screw me over or I won't be able to book in good conscience.