Breakaway Cirque Menu still the same?

Jasalth

TIA for anyone who knows!

So in the end decided against the spa passes and decided to go with SPD for our upcoming cruise! Now the real choice...

I understand Cirque is just as much if not more about the show than the food, but in truth, I compare all the Cirque shows to my very first one, Mystere way back almost opening weekend at Vegas 1993 when well, they were not main stream as it was is the US and yeah it was astounding. I haven't found a Cirque show I have seen that has even compared!

Because of this, I would be required to get VIP seats because I think part of my first experience was really that we had first row seats and the performers were actually climbing on top of me and my grandmother :D

That being said, one of our SDP + $35 pp for 3 people, isn't something I am that interested in if well, we won't like the food at all.

The last menu I could find was the one from 2014 with the Procuitto, Surf & Turf, and Dessert Trio isn't well something any of the three of us would actually enjoy fully. Has the menu changed at all with all the other changes happening and it has just not been a main notice?

Surf & Turf is generally - beef & lobster ;)

Petite steak (filet mignon) and turf was really 3 medium/large shrimp, (not exactly jumbo prawns) ... asked for medium, served almost well-done - even in 2014 on the Breakaway. Not aware of lobster (tails) being served ... ever on the BA.

Don't remember any bread basket on the table, with or without butter - nor came with rolls, etc. - not a big deal, of course :rolleyes: Got the Trio and kept waiting for the coffee, joked with the server about the hot water still being broiled on our way out, as our cups remained clean & empty.

Show was nice, watching it once was enjoyable but enough. Many are known to go to the buffet, OSH or MDR for soup, starter ... just to not go hungry late night - especially now that Room Service has a Service Charge of $7.95 and the debate about additional tipping for delivery continue in the other threads. (please, do not start here ...)

Disclaimer: as always, opinion on food is highly, highly subjective - that of ours & ours alone.

As for changes, it has been reported that - unconfirmed - NCL is in the process of testing and/or changing the menu in venue like OSH for sailings that sail after April 1st. - watching to see if anyone onboard BA currently that's sailing southward off the Jersey shores at the moment will post.

Edited by mking8288

Was on the BA the end of February. We saw this show for the second time, the first being almost 2 years ago.

First, let me just say that while I loved the show and truly enjoyed it, I have seen other Cirque shows (mainly Vegas) and this show is nothing really like those.

This is a very colorful presentation of a jungle, and with many different types of acts, from jugglers, contortionists, dancers, and some trapeze. Like I said, I thought it was very entertaining.

The menu was exactly the same as we had before. But........the food was much much better this time around. We did get a bread basket and butter. And coffee with the desert trio.;)

TIA for anyone who knows!

So in the end decided against the spa passes and decided to go with SPD for our upcoming cruise! Now the real choice...

I understand Cirque is just as much if not more about the show than the food, but in truth, I compare all the Cirque shows to my very first one, Mystere way back almost opening weekend at Vegas 1993 when well, they were not main stream as it was is the US and yeah it was astounding. I haven't found a Cirque show I have seen that has even compared!

Because of this, I would be required to get VIP seats because I think part of my first experience was really that we had first row seats and the performers were actually climbing on top of me and my grandmother :D

That being said, one of our SDP + $35 pp for 3 people, isn't something I am that interested in if well, we won't like the food at all.

The last menu I could find was the one from 2014 with the Procuitto, Surf & Turf, and Dessert Trio isn't well something any of the three of us would actually enjoy fully. Has the menu changed at all with all the other changes happening and it has just not been a main notice?

A couple things. First, if you're using one of your SDP dinners, it won't cost you $35 pp. Premium seating is about $17 with the discount you get from SDP. Second, expecting this show to be like Cirque de Soleil is just setting yourself up for disappointment! The on-board show is ertainly enjoyable, but it's not anywhere near the level of Cirque de Soleil. Lower your expectations and you'll have a much more enjoyable time. It was a lovely way to spend the evening last month, and I enjoyed it very much.

The food was, IMO, very average. My companions thought it was better than I did.