Early Saver, Price Protection, free upgrade...

ksmcdonald

I just booked an Early Saver with Price Protection with free upgrade on the Vista a couple weeks ago. When I received my booking reservation by email, I could not find anywhere on my invoice/email that indicated ES, or Price Protection etc. It also has $50 OBC. I did go through Carnival when making these reservations, but just curious if I just go on blind faith that these things are in place?

Also, I booked a Havana Cabana, and I see there are only two left on my sailing June 2017, does that usually mean the price will not go down? I'm sure those two will be snatched up shortly and we still have 15 months before sailing! So basically the price protection is useless, because my category will be sold out and when I check if the price has dropped. The "category upgrade" is basically useless because I could only be upgraded to Havana Cabana Suite, and there are only four of those on the ship and they are already sold out. Do they ever just compensate you the price difference of category upgrade, or do they physically have to move you up to category's? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't know how this works!

They used to allow price match to a higher category but no longer.

You are essentially out of luck assuming the remaining cabins sell. About the only way to get a price drop would be if someone cancels but even then if those cabins are selling well Carnival has no incentive to lower the price.

If Early Saver was the lowest price you got the best deal.

They used to allow price match to a higher category but no longer.

You are essentially out of luck assuming the remaining cabins sell. About the only way to get a price drop would be if someone cancels but even then if those cabins are selling well Carnival has no incentive to lower the price.

If Early Saver was the lowest price you got the best deal.

That is what I was thinking, just wanted to hear it from someone else! Oh, well, at least I will know I got the best deal!

I booked for my Jan 2017 cruise last Feb and booked using the PG rate in the unlikely event we had to cancel. Where Vista is brand new and all the hype for it, I knew there would be few price drops especially after final payment. It is now $1k higher for my cabin, so I feel fine with my price.