BH Category on Coral Princess

Coolcruise02

Has anyone booked a category BH cabin on the Coral Princess. They are cabins 207 and 208 on Emerald deck and 205 and 206 on Dolphin deck. They are listed as partially obstructed balcony cabins and I was wondering what the obstruction was and how it affected the view.

Jubilee 03-02

Monarch of the Seas 09-02

Pride 12-02

Inspiration 5-03

Radiance of the Seas 11-03

Golden Princess 02-04

Yes I have looked at this and the 360 degree view but it does not give any indication of what the obstruction is or looks like.

Jubilee 03-02

Monarch of the Seas 09-02

Pride 12-02

Inspiration 5-03

Radiance of the Seas 11-03

Golden Princess 02-04

bumping this up - some one must have the answer <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>BH cabin on the Coral Princess- are listed as partially obstructed balcony cabins and I was wondering what the obstruction was and how it affected the view.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> We were told they were obsturcted and had never heard of an obstructed balcony before. Saw some great rates but even with a gurantee afraid to accept without knowing the answer.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

We'll be on the Island (sister to Coral) next week. I can take a look then and report back!

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05

Dawn Princess - 10/04

Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)

Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)

Island Princess - 05/04

Grand Princess - 10/03

Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)

Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

From the external pictures I have seen, it looks like these cabins have the regular sized balcony, but since they are next to outside cabins (without balconies), the hull tapers down to balcony railing level, so part of the balcony is covered by the hull. It's hard to explain, but go look at cruise-addicts photo galleries, and there are several good pictures.

I hope this helps...we have booked this category twice. Once on Coral in January and up-coming in May on Island. We usually book Guarantee. On the Coral we were bumped to BB and on the Island to BC. As you said there are only 4 of these cabins and they are really good prices. My TA had not even heard of an obstructed view balcony. It worked for us - but it was a gamble!

todd-r that would be great. Thanks.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

soprano I see exactly what you are saying. There appears to be no balcony door showing for those rooms on Emerald deck. It is hard to see from pictures if you even have any view from the balcony at all. Thanks. Maybe todd-r will shed some light on that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>On the Coral we were bumped to BB and on the Island to BC. As you said there are only 4 of these cabins and they are really good prices. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Would hate to chance it if I really wanted the view for a cruise like the Panama Canal. If it was just to go outside and the price was lower than an outside stateroom wouldn't hesitate.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

Unless you just have to have the BH cabin pick guarantee...I watched that category on several internet sites...they continued selling them up until 10 days before cruise. With prices dropping so slightly. It may be a way for Princess to get the lower Balcony cabins filled. They never gave rooms numbers on the sites -- only Guarantee Status so you knew you'd atleast be bumped up to BG or BF. I didn''t think that there was a bad viewing balcony or deck for the Panama Canal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It may be a way for Princess to get the lower Balcony cabins filled. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sure that is what it is for.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>only Guarantee Status so you knew you'd atleast be bumped up to BG or BF.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Don't think you can count on that. Only way that would be a for sure is if all the numbered BH were booked with a "no upgrade" request. I find that highly unlikely. More likely is that they would bump up those assigned the numbers and then put you in the BH. This could go on and on but if you really do not want and would not be happy with a BH I think another category is a safer bet.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess