Oasis of the Seas Deck 6 - Balcony Room question

Hello,

My family of 4 is booked on Oasis of the Seas in a D4 Balcony room on Deck 6 (Room 6698). This is my third cruise in the Oasis. On prior occasions we were in Deck 14 and loved it.

Any thoughts on Deck 6 in comparison to Deck 14? I know the noise from the dining rooms might be an issue but other than that are there any other issues with bad view from the balcony due to the lifeboats being nearby? Also, any other disadvantages of Deck 6?

Unless your room is listed as "obstructed view" there should be no issues with lifeboats blocking your view. I did a quick Google search and do not see that your cabin has that listing, so you should be fine.

The dining room is rarely all that noisy, so I'd be surprised if that were an issue. But you might hear some stuff from the Boardwalk area when a show is going on or kids are particularly rambunctious - you back up to the candy shop, so you'll have sugar-high children in close proximity. I wouldn't think that would be much of a problem at night though - most of the kidlets go to bed long before the adults do.

There is a main wall, stairs and elevators that separates the boardwalk from the cabins...no noise issues AT ALL from the boardwalk. Oh...and if your cabin is near a lifeboat....you would have to be standing, leaning over the railing and looking down to see it. The life boats are on deck 5, I believe.

Edited by champagne123
ssssscccc

Hello,

My family of 4 is booked on Oasis of the Seas in a D4 Balcony room on Deck 6 (Room 6698). This is my third cruise in the Oasis. On prior occasions we were in Deck 14 and loved it.

Any thoughts on Deck 6 in comparison to Deck 14? I know the noise from the dining rooms might be an issue but other than that are there any other issues with bad view from the balcony due to the lifeboats being nearby? Also, any other disadvantages of Deck 6?

I think you will find your location very convenient to the Boardwalk, Royal Promenade, and Central Park.

On the 6 times we have cruised Oasis, plus 5 times on Allure, we have been on Deck 6 all but one time. We love deck 6 -- no noise from Boardwalk, Promenade, Schooner Bar, dining room. Very quiet, and our cabin is always close to the aft elevator cross aisle.

No worries! :)

Hello,

We were in 6678 on the Oasis and loved the location! Convenient yet quiet, over the opening in front of the three aft lifeboats, and with a Pullman bed over the sofabed. I think you will enjoy 6698 but if 6678 is available, I would grab it instead.

Here's part of a post from my review:

I had chosen a deck 6 oceanview balcony cabin because I wanted to be nearer the water. It was very near the aft elevator lobby. Boardwalk was just to the aft and the lobby overlooked the Royal Promenade one deck down. I loved this location! Got to see/do many unplanned things simply because we were in the right place at the right time!

If I had to get to the forward part of the ship (grandson’s Adventure Ocean was on deck 14 forward), I would grab an elevator to Central Park deck 8 if one was coming or just go down the stairs to the Royal Promenade to cut through to the forward elevators.

Cabin 6678 can actually hold 4 (or maybe 5) but was great for the 3 of us because we could leave the sofa bed closed at night, giving us more room and making it easy to get to the balcony where I enjoyed a glass of wine in peaceful solitude before retreating for the night.

stateroom1.jpgstateroom2.jpg

(Pullman bed made up with head at wrong end first night)

While not a big deal on higher decks, it also was above the opening in the lifeboats so I could see straight down and watch the Kelvin wake patterns once we were underway.

lifeboats-forward.jpglifeboats-aft.jpg

~ Judy

The lifeboats are below deck 6 so the only obstruction could be looking straight down into the water otherwise it's a great view.

This. We had a deck 6 cabin on Allure. It was convenient and quiet, but although it wasn't listed as having an obstructed view, our balcony did look down onto a lifeboat.

It wasn't a big deal, but it was there.

The lifeboats are below deck 6 so the only obstruction could be looking straight down into the water otherwise it's a great view.

The lifeboats do not "obstruct" every cabin's view. If your cabin is on the hump, or at the forward or aft elevators, there is no lifeboat below your balcony.

The lifeboats do not "obstruct" every cabin's view. If your cabin is on the hump, or at the forward or aft elevators, there is no lifeboat below your balcony.

Correct. That's why I used the word could. ;)

• 7 months later...
Does anyone know if cabin 6668 on Allure would have a view obstructed by lifeboats?

The view straight out is unobstructed. If you walk to the edge of the balcony, lean over the edge, and look straight down, a small amount of your view might be obstructed by the edge of a lifeboat.

Edited by clarea

We've stayed in that cabin several times, no obstruction. Enjoy. :)

Thanks so much for replying. We have that cabin booked and I was a little worried if our view would be obstructed with the lifeboats. I feel better now that I know someone has stayed in that cabin and knows what the view is. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for replying. We have that cabin booked and I was a little worried if our view would be obstructed with the lifeboats. I feel better now that I know someone has stayed in that cabin and knows what the view is. Thanks again!

You are welcome -- I think you'll find the cabin location to be excellent, as we did. You are steps from the Boardwalk, Schooner Bar, and photo gallery, and just one deck away from the Royal Promenade. One additional perk that we occasionally took advantage of: the women's and men's bathrooms located on either side of the Boardwalk entrance.

Did you have any problems with noise coming from the dining room below or the boardwalk area at night or early in the morning?

I knew I was forgetting to mention something -- there was no noise at all. We never heard a peep, once we were in the cabin. :) The noise from the Boardwalk does not extend to the corridor or cabin, and we never heard anything from Deck 5 and the dining room.

We are just off Oasis, two weeks ago, and while we moved from a balcony to a JS, we still prefer deck 6, so we were just a few cabins forward from 6668. :)

• 1 year later...

We just booked a deck 6 ocean view balcony on Harmony 6616. It looks to be centrally located to everything however, we were concerned about noise from the Sorrentos on the deck below us. Does anybody know if this is usually a problem! This will be the largest ship we have cruised, the next in size would be the Regal Princess which we enjoyed. Any tips or suggestions are welcome and we look forward to meeting everyone.

We just booked a deck 6 ocean view balcony on Harmony 6616. It looks to be centrally located to everything however, we were concerned about noise from the Sorrentos on the deck below us. Does anybody know if this is usually a problem! This will be the largest ship we have cruised, the next in size would be the Regal Princess which we enjoyed. Any tips or suggestions are welcome and we look forward to meeting everyone.

While I can't specifically answer your question about noise from Sorrento's, I can tell you that of the numerous times we have stayed on Deck 6 (10+), we have never heard any noise from the Royal Promenade. Our cabin has been on the hump that is slightly forward of the aft elevators. I don't think you will have any noise issues. Enjoy. :)

Deck 6 is my favorite. I love being near the water like that. I always check the deck plan, pictures, and reviews and try to choose a cabin that is in the one of the spots where a lifeboat isn’t directly below. Sounds like you found one- enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums