Embarkation and Cabins ready

princesstiffany

Cabins are ready at 1:30. Luggage arrives between 1:30 and 5 pm. There is no way to predict whether your stuff will be in the very first load or the very last; most likely it will be somewhere in between.

Embarkation? Specifically what do you mean? The terminal opens at 10:30. You will go thru security and check in. Boarding begins at 11:15 and is by boarding card number. Lunch is being served as soon as boarding begins. Pools and slides are open (wear swimsuits under your clothes or have them in your carry on/change in public restrooms). Muster drill is at 4, sail away party follows. The ship normally pulls out at 5. All aboard is 4.

ALL of this is dependent on the disembarkation from the previous cruise going smoothly and on time. Actual departure can be delayed due to late air arrivals, medical emergencies, etc.

Edited by moki'smommy

When you check in online for your cruise your will select a Port Arrival Time. This can range from the time the port opens to mid-afternoon. This is not your boarding time, but your boarding time is linked to it. When you check in at the port the agent hands you a card with your boarding group number on it. When boarding begins, they call you aboard by group number, beginning with concierge and, I think, Platinum cruisers, then go up in number from there. We usually have a very early PAT and end up with a boarding group number of 3 or 4.

If you select a later PAT during online check-in, you will receive a higher boarding group number, no matter what time you arrive at the port and check in at the desk. Keep in mind, though, that by 12:30 or so the crowds will clear out and it will basically be open boarding. You can arrive at any time AFTER your Port Arrival Time without issue.

It is a bit of cluster early on, as everyone crowds around the entrance waiting for their number. If you want an empty port building and fast embarkation, arrive at 12:30 or after.

When I do my on line check in and it gives me a boarding time that is not the time that I should up at the pier? I know Carnival is now doing the check in time on line but they will only allow you arrive in that 30 minute window. Is Disney not like that? This is for the Dream. My first Disney cruise and I am a little overwhelmed. Thanks.

When I do my on line check in and it gives me a boarding time that is not the time that I should up at the pier? I know Carnival is now doing the check in time on line but they will only allow you arrive in that 30 minute window. Is Disney not like that? This is for the Dream. My first Disney cruise and I am a little overwhelmed. Thanks.

You're not selecting a boarding time during the online checkin process. It's a Port Arrival Time. It's the time you expect to be arriving at the port.

Your boarding number that you get at the port when you check in there is tied to your Port Arrival Time. That's why you'll get the same boarding number, regardless of when you actually arrive and check in.

The PAT is really a "no earlier than" thing. As opposed to an actual window that you must arrive during.

My suggestion--if your PAT is before 12:30, show up at the PAT. If it is after 12:30, show up at 12:30. Somewhere around 1:00, they will announce "Open Boarding" which means that they are no longer using the assigned numbers and everyone may board as soon as they have checked in.

If you arrive at 12:30, by the time you go thru security and check in it should be just about the time that open boarding is announced.

Sorry I am a first time Disney cruiser too. If ya'll are ever cruising Carnival for the first time I would be more than happy to return the favor. If we have an Un designated room assignment (freaked out because I've never done that before) and we have never sailed Disney, am I correct in thinking that if we get to port around 1400 and check in we should be able to board relatively quickly and go right to our cabin?

Sorry I am a first time Disney cruiser too. If ya'll are ever cruising Carnival for the first time I would be more than happy to return the favor. If we have an Un designated room assignment (freaked out because I've never done that before) and we have never sailed Disney, am I correct in thinking that if we get to port around 1400 and check in we should be able to board relatively quickly and go right to our cabin?

I would say, arriving at 2:00 pm, you'd pretty much have the terminal to yourself. So no line to check in and no line boarding the ship.

Rooms are usually available at 1:30. But can be later (rarely).

All things going well on the previous cruise (very likely and uncommon not to be), then yes!

There are no lines for check in or boarding at that time on a regular cruise, and staterooms are generally available from 1:30pm onwards, with luggage delivery commencing. Obviously stopping before and for the duration of the emergency drill, and recommencing afterwards.

You will have a great and memorable cruise I'm sure!

ex techie

One thing to think of cruiseonthebrain, is that DCL like to announce you and your family or party as you board the ship with a reception group of Hosts.

Now you can ask that they do not do that if you wish, or are you boarding with your group of friends?

If you are boarding as a group, it may be fun to think up a good name for you all!

Here is a video so you know what to expect :)

[YOUTUBE]wQaLzd4Hve0[/YOUTUBE]

HTH's!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie