Prince William Sound Tour Operators

biojeep

If it were me, I would also consider Lazy Otter, a small boat operator. But between the two you mentioned, they are very similar. Phillips tends to spend less time seeing each glacier and Major Marine spends more time at a glacier hoping to see the calving. I prefer the latter. I also prefer the longer tours through Esther Passage and Surprise Glacier, though the Blackstone Bay cruises are nice.

I loved our 26 glacier - phillips cruises to be great. We took the longest tour, I thought I read that Major Marine has rough waters, maybe someone can correct /verify? You'll love this tour

We really loved the 26 Glacier Cruise with Phillips last August. Our time in front of the glaciers didn't seem too short and we spent plenty of time watching the marine life on the floating ice. Stopped for a pod of orcas too which were awesome but we didn't see anything in Esther Passage on our trip. The boat was nice and stable and the food was tasty. :)

I didn't know that Allen Marine spent more time in front of the glaciers so I will keep that in mind next time since it is always nice to try something different.

If it were me, I would also consider Lazy Otter, a small boat operator. But between the two you mentioned, they are very similar. Phillips tends to spend less time seeing each glacier and Major Marine spends more time at a glacier hoping to see the calving. I prefer the latter. I also prefer the longer tours through Esther Passage and Surprise Glacier, though the Blackstone Bay cruises are nice.

If we are planning to do the longer Kenai Fjords out of Seward (through Major Marine, on their smaller boat), is what you see on the PWS tour, including Esther Passage, worth a full extra day (to get there, etc.)?

Or maybe we booked the wrong choice?

We CAN still switch, if that's recommended.

We are hoping for good viewing in Glacier Bay, too.

But this IS Alaska, and we are particularly interested in the glaciers!

(Magnificent mountains are great, too, but we have seen some wonders elsewhere - but we've never seen serious glaciers.)

Thanks.

I didn't know that Allen Marine spent more time in front of the glaciers so I will keep that in mind next time since it is always nice to try something different.

It is Major Marine, not Allen Marine. Allen Marine operates in SE Alaska.

If we are planning to do the longer Kenai Fjords out of Seward (through Major Marine, on their smaller boat), is what you see on the PWS tour, including Esther Passage, worth a full extra day (to get there, etc.)?

Or maybe we booked the wrong choice?

We CAN still switch, if that's recommended.

We are hoping for good viewing in Glacier Bay, too.

But this IS Alaska, and we are particularly interested in the glaciers!

(Magnificent mountains are great, too, but we have seen some wonders elsewhere - but we've never seen serious glaciers.)

Thanks.

Glaciers are the emphasis of the tours out of Whittier and marine wildlife is the emphasis of the tours out of Seward. I have often done both on the same trip. Usually it is not an "extra day" to get to Whittier since I do that tour on the way between Anchorage and Seward. Both are great and you will spend some time at a glacier on the longer Kenai Fjords tour, but that is not the emphasis. Still a great tour.