!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Also, is there a walk around promenade that isn't obstructed by lifeboats? And can you walk up to and stand at the bow like on Freedom?

Why was your map channel in French?

The Promenade deck is mainly for the jogging/walking track. It is mostly obstructed by lifeboats, although there are a few spots in breaks between lifeboats where you can stand against the railing and look at the ocean. At the part where it goes around the aft end of the ship there are maybe a dozen or so wooden deck chairs where you can sit and watch the wake. Unlike Freedom class (and Voyager and Radiance class), the helipad at the bow is off limits except for a few select events.

As for the map being in French, that is because they now have the data switching between 5 or 6 languages. So it will be in English for a few moments, then switch to Spanish, then German, then French, etc.

The Promenade deck is mainly for the jogging/walking track. It is mostly obstructed by lifeboats, although there are a few spots in breaks between lifeboats where you can stand against the railing and look at the ocean. At the part where it goes around the aft end of the ship there are maybe a dozen or so wooden deck chairs where you can sit and watch the wake. Unlike Freedom class (and Voyager and Radiance class), the helipad at the bow is off limits except for a few select events.

As for the map being in French, that is because they now have the data switching between 5 or 6 languages. So it will be in English for a few moments, then switch to Spanish, then German, then French, etc.

Thanks. That's bummer about the bow, it's one of our favorite spots. oh well. I do like to run though so it will be nice to have a much longer and more sheltered running track.

Funny how he caught it in French both times he took a picture.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-10_zpszlaj5nko.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-11_zps5gpxdrza.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-12_zpsx9osw5lm.jpg

I have been to Labadee 3 times, and this was the first time that I saw this kind of welcoming. They had all these jets skis, boats, and even a parasail going around and making noise. It was a lot of fun, but my wild guess is that they do this to increase the revenue with all the shore excursions that they offer. I actually wanted to try the new sail boat that they have, which by the way is gorgeous (I have pics later), but it was simply too expensive to justify it.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-13_zps7veotpji.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-14_zps4adi0zq3.jpg

How cool is that?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-15_zpsiahjymuv.jpg

Your photo shoots are amazing!!![emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here is our umbrella that we usually take to the private islands/peninsula

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-88_zps97byncmg.jpg

At one point we saw a guy waiving from the ocean, he was pretty far out. The lifeguards were all blowing the whistle back at him. It soon became evident that he was not able to make it back on his own, he was struggling to stay where he was. So they took their kayaks and went to get him.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-83_zpsvbv4jdk3.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-87_zpstv4v3fxj.jpg

I guess it was around noon or so when mom left to go get some food. I told her to get her food first and I would go afterwards and get mine.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-89_zps3pzcfqe9.jpg

Did you bring your own umbrella or was it one provided to you?

There have been numerous reports of inhaling the fumes that they produce is inductive to cancer. I've seen some parents cover their children's noses to avoid that. I believe one brand finally released one that proven to be safe, but can't seem to remember which brand it was.

I am indeed a medium, and I would love to have it. Thank you. There are several ways to contact me in my signature. or u could try ccgambee at gmail dot com.

One again thank you :)

I just sent you an e-mail

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-156_zpsvzxzzesq.jpg

Correct me I am wrong, but I think I saw these for over $200 online. Maybe a tad more?

I don't think they offer much shade, mainly cause of the wind keeps blowing the curtains. I wonder what is in the little cooler? They each had one.

It's a cooler of bottles of water, you get water included with your beach bed. As well as those floating mats.

Great seeing pictures of Labadee. I was just there in November and went to 2 of the beaches there. The 2nd beach was the same one you went to. When I was there there were clear areas in the water where I saw many lil fish. I did wear my water shoes as I had read about the rough rocks. What I did not expect was how shallow the coral was. I had to push off a lot of it as to not scrape my legs as I floated over it. Still had a good time there.

Thanks for the review gambee! Looks like a great time so far.

We did indeed have a fabulous time. Although we did have some issues, I will get into that later on.

Gland you're enjoying yourself reading the review.

Uuugggghhhh! I go the week after you! Wish you were going early so I would have your review[emoji1]. Enjoy your cruise. And as always, love this review.

Enjoy your cruise, we are very excited about it. Just our RCCL cruise, it has been over 3 years since we sail NCL. I am intrigued as to all the changes, and see if I like them better now =)

Thank you for this Labadee is such a beautiful place and you captured it on photo so well. I will be there in a little while and I hope the weather is a good as you had.

Sharon I

I am sure you will have a blast! We really enjoyed ourselves there, private stops are always among our favorites.

Do I see water fountains in some of your pics? The only thing I don't like about Freedom is the lack of easy to get, cold water.

Also, is there a walk around promenade that isn't obstructed by lifeboats? And can you walk up to and stand at the bow like on Freedom?

Why was your map channel in French?

The "zigzagging" you see with sailboats is called tacking (technically beating).

They can't sail right into the wind, only about within 45 degrees on either side so there's a 90 degree "dead zone" that you can't sail in. If you have to go in that direction, you have to zigzag and obviously it's a lot slower.

Not swimming after eating is an old wive's tale. It was probably invented by parents who wanted a break from watching their kids in the water right after lunch!

Thanks again for this report, check your gmail.

Thanks. That's bummer about the bow, it's one of our favorite spots. oh well. I do like to run though so it will be nice to have a much longer and more sheltered running track.

Funny how he caught it in French both times he took a picture.

They did not have water fountains, but they offer water on all the food locations. That is in park cafe, promenade cafe, solarium cafe, wipe out cafe, and the windjammer. I am a huge water drinker, and I never had an issue getting access to quick water =)

I think UCF_Knight addressed the promenade questions much better than I could. That said, we love the aft section with all the chairs there. It is a lovely place for sail aways, or just to sit down and read a book.

Like UCF_Knight said, the bridge channel just rotates between several languages. But you can usually make what the information is saying.

Thank you for tacking info, actually I think we were told about it when I did the regatta racing in Cozumel. It is quite possible that since I was the grinder, I was simply too tired to remember anything that I learned that day :D

Thank you so much for your kind gesture! You knew exactly what to do for me, I am after all an Amazon addict! That is very kind of you.

Thank you =)

Love your review. We have

sailed on RCCL 3 times but never on the Oasis class. We Sail in 3 weeks and love your pictures and ideas. Did you ever eat Breakfast and Johnny Rockets? Heard it was good for a quick breakfast with real eggs.

We did eat breakfast at Johnny Rockets, I think it was on day 4? I have to check it out =)

I hope you have a fabulous cruise!

Loved the store pics at Labadee, I'm not a trinket shopper but my wife will spend hours looking, now I can give her the pics and save some serious downtime.

You're the best Gambee!

Glad now you skip the trinket window shopping :D

Thank you for following along.

I can't wait for your visit to San Juan tomorrow! What will Gambee and his Mother do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

San Juan is actually on Monday and Tuesday :). I still have to finish Labadee today.

Continuing to enjoy your review very much. Just booked our Oasis cruise (our first RCI cruise!) so your review is very helpful!

You booked a great ship to introduce you to RCCL, it is one amazing ship!

Did you bring your own umbrella or was it one provided to you?

We always bring our own umbrella to private ports. Most of them only offer the clamshells, and those get incredibly hot. The umbrella is easy to bring along, we just put it with the luggage.

I just sent you an e-mail

Thank you soooo much. Mom just told me that she was going to look for someone who was going on lady O and try to get them to buy me one. I can't wait to get it and wear it. I might just wear it on boarding day of our NCL Escape cruise, just to keep things interesting =)

Once again thank you!

It's a cooler of bottles of water, you get water included with your beach bed. As well as those floating mats.

With that heat water sure sounds ideal! Now that I think about it, the only thing I drank that day was alcohol, and tons of it. It is a wonder how I did not get dehydrated :D