!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Beautiful pictures, Gambee, as always! Really enjoying your review.

2 questions: 1) are you single, and 2) do you want someone to cruise with?

Ha ha!! Take care, looking forward to reading the rest.

LoL, yup, I am single. Cruising partners are always fun. For our upcoming escape cruise there are few people coming. Actually on the allure we missed the meet and greet, and thus missed on meeting most cc folks.

Was joking the other day about appearing in one of your photos.....well you got me, first pic, on the right reading my magazine

Well, there you go, nice to meet you :D

I would not be surprised if you spot yourself another time.

Hey Gambee, loving your review. FYI, the other RCI ship in San Juan is at the PanAm pier. It's the Jewel. It's homeported down there; departs and arrives from that pier. The ships only port where you did when it's day port visit.

Good to know, they left quite late that night.

Gambee, Hope everything is OK. And don't worry Dido on what Rodenboy wrote. I love cruising into San Juan. We take the free bus to the fort. and when were done we walk back. There is a lot of shops and great little places to eat on the way back. Gary;)

We took the free bus our last time there, this time around we decided to just walk.

No worries my friend! Hope everything is okay

Sent from my LG G5 using Tapatalk

I hope everything is okay Gambee! Take care and don't worry about the review! We will be here whenever you can post the next update :)

The review is actually one of the things keeping us grounded, thank you for the thought :)

Thanks again, Gambee! Great job on the review, as usual. Take your time doing whatever you need to get done in the rest of your life. I will be here whenever you get back.

You're very welcome, hope you continue to enjoy =)

Thank you so much for such an awesome review! Every time I have a cruise booked, and I read a review of the Oasis sisters, I always think " I wish I would've booked a cruise on one of them" lol:D. I've decided that next time, I won't allow myself anything but one of the Oasis ships lol! We are embarking on the NCL Gem out of San Juan for our first B2B in November, so I'm especially excited for this portion of the review (we are staying at the hotel in your pics before our cruise). It will be my second time cruising out of PR, my Mom and Sis and I cruised out of there on RCI's Adventure of the Seas, and it's such a special feeling sailing out of there. I love all of your reviews, and am looking forward to more!

P.S. I also think it's great how you spend time making memories with your Mom. My Mom has cancer, and I wish I would've have done like you're doing a long time ago. :)

I have a bit more to post about PR. It was a bit unfortunate that our plans had to change due to a minor issue that came up with mom. But we still had an amazing time there, and we got to eat in a fabulous restaurant.

I hope your mom recovers, and that you can soon travel with her again. I do cherish every second I get to spend with her on our vacations :)

Thank you for following, and I hope you have a great cruise on the Gem.

P.S. book the O sisters! LoL

Thanks for the Coast Guard pictures! I was in the Coast Guard and went to that base to be assigned a duty station on the island. I could have picked San Juan, but that was aboard a buoy tender, and I couldn't picture myself being in a hot assed engine room in Puerto Rico.

I chose the other side of the island to be land based in Aguadilla, and had a duplex I shared with an admin clerk. We had some great times, and I did make it to San Juan a few times, and bought a car while there. What a beautiful island. Thanks again for the photos.

Thank you again for this review! It's making me look so forward to sailing her in May. As far as your comments about Mass, I'm not Catholic, so I can't relate in that way, but I did grow up in the Bible Belt as a Southern Baptist. I have a cousin I love very much that came out many years ago. It was very hard on her, and unfortunately with some of my family to blame, as well as the church, so I absolutely get where you're coming from. It really showed me how cruel people can be when they judge others and think they know the mind of God. I'm glad you have good spirituality because that's what's important, not what someone else thinks they know about God's opinions. I think being in the health care field for so many years helped me really open my mind up from my narrow minded upbringing in that area for which I am very grateful. I also watched my cousin struggle and be hurt by all of it, and it really changed my mind about things I was taught. She's happily married now and it's a beautiful thing. I hope one day, if it's important to you, you can find a church that can embrace everyone because isn't that the whole point? Anyway, I'm very much enjoying your review, I look forward to it every day and hope everything is ok with you now.

Julie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Gambee! I have finally caught up with your wonderful review. :) It's so nice to see your and your Mom cruising again. I am enjoying the wonderful pictures and your great commentary. Congratulations on your citizenship and being accepted into your preferred grad school, too. Sorry to hear about your Mom's aunt and your uncle's health worries. It's good to hear he is recovering well. I'll be looking forward to your NCL review, too.:)

Heather

Edited by SenatorsFan

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-58_zpsoo1zqrwq.jpg

The Solarium was slow that morning, most people slept in waiting for the port day. Only us morning gals were up and running, from what? I have no clue… U tell me. It is beyond me why I can't seem to sleep past 7:30 when I am cruising.

Seems I have the opposite problem! On cruises, I can not seem to stay awake past 7:30 pm.:eek:

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-271_zpshfzmj9gg.jpg

The guy there got his wife to take a picture of him as if he was getting arrested. :D.

The cop was there for a traffic accident that blocked the entire road. The roads there are so narrow.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-273_zpsgttuf2is.jpg

I just love the architecture there.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-275_zpsaasxy4ty.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-276_zpsbgpgjq0g.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-277_zpscjqybuez.jpg

Hi Gambee! I just came upon this review and am now up to page 3. First off just let me say you have my condolences for your family member's loss. On a more upbeat note I am glad to hear that your uncle is working to get better from his issues. He was a big part of one your previous review's and I hope we see him in a future review. Lastly, congratulations on becoming a US Citizen and your acceptance into grad school! Work hard in school and I'm sure you will find much success in the physical therapy career area!

Now I have to get back to reading the review! Glad to see another review from you. Take Care!

Harold H. :D

We thought about going to San Felipe, but since we had already been there we decided to skip it. We were actually really close to the castle by then. Maybe 10 more minutes walking.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-294_zpswhjuef5m.jpg

So instead we went to the bird park.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-295_zpsmwexfcux.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-296_zps8ssosfgw.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-298_zpsidttwpwd.jpg

See the guy giving water to his iguanas?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-299_zpsl8tiscxs.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-300_zpso1soynlo.jpg

The one on his arm had an injury in his tail and was bleeding =/

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-301_zpsyujq3ng6.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-303_zpsi6h9t7q7.jpg

It was a really nice spot to get pictures of Oasis.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-304_zps5vvuo9h0.jpg

There is also a little chapel up there as well.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-305_zpspgl2gvtx.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-306_zpss8a3kf5v.jpg

Mom was really intrigued by these trees that was sprouting flowers. No one knew what kind of tree it was, and until now she does not know. Any help?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-325_zpsqrfno78w.jpg

It is not like it matters, lol. But I guess curiosity killed the cat.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-324_zpssivsimg8.jpg

We were a little hungry, so we started walking towards The Parrot Club. A restaurant suggested to us by Chris.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-326_zps5kpwuubw.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-327_zpstmrgfvcv.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-329_zpsetouhnge.jpg

On the way there mom saw a store that might have the items she wanted. As for me, can you believe that there is not one camera store in old San Juan… How is that possible!?

We went into the store, and mom started browsing.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-330_zpsosadt4my.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-331_zpsbcikw27t.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-332_zpsrm1engzi.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-333_zpstvvbjq7d.jpg