Cruise critic not posting reviews

ginak1112

I posted a new review of my Grand Princess cruise on 4/12 and it still has not been posted. I wrote to CC and they told me that there was a problem with the website but the reviews would soon be added.

I feel badly because I see people asking questions about the Grand and I did not keep a copy or paste it to the boards.

Does anyone know what has happened?

Thanks, Gina

I posted one after my first cruise on the Century that never showed up, just worked on another for the Island Princess and that one never showed up either. I'm not bothering anymore.

Suzanne

Oceanic '82

Oceanic '83

Century '01

Century '03

Millennium '03

Island Princess '04

Thanksgiving on the Millie '04

I wish I would have saved it because I did spend a fair amount of time on it and assumed that it would get posted. It could not have been denied because of form or content because I think I am a decent and fair writer. Oh well.

It just seems a pity because there are not many current reviews and they really do help people to make decisions about their cruise choices.

Were they really long?

I know there is a limit. I've been told that mine were too long to post as a review; they want concise and to the point which makes sense I guess.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

For those who do want to post a review, create the file in Word or another word processing program and then cut and paste. Then if something happens, you won't lose your review and you can use the same file to post in multiple locations.

Pea

5/9 Golden Princess  countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;9;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

time98.gif

Neither of the 2 reviews I posted were lengthy, nor did either of them show up. I have to agree with Suzanne that it's not worth bothering.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

June 5th - Queen Mary 2 Westbound Transatlantic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

November 22nd - Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean

If for no other reason than a purely selfish one, continue to write them. You'll have a record of your cruise that's fun to look back on years from now and putting it all down on paper is a great way to evaluate your cruise experience.

After writing a review or report on a cruise I can see some things I might do differently next time and that documentation helps me pinpoint what. Some things, though, are near perfect and I want to remember them as they happened for a long time.

Then theres another reason I can think of and it's very selfish for ME. I love to read them. Short, long, in-between it's interesting to me to hear the details of the journeys of others. I have made cruise decisions based on reviews by members of this board...people you have come to "know" through reading their posts.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

I am sorry to hear this. When I posted mine a few days ago, a window appeared that said they were backlogged but would get to it. It was long, though. Too bad. It takes a while to write it all out, then for no one (or only a few) to see it is a loss. I posted mine in 2 parts on this board, but it soon moved on to obscurity. I do enjoy reading the reviews posted here, though, so keep posting!!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

I have posted my review of our January cruise on the Coral several times and it was never published... I tried cruisemates.com and 2 days after I posted it, there it was...

I will never try to post a review here anymore... Too bad, 'cause I really like this forum.

Alain R.

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

Want to see some pictures from our cruises ?

Just go to:

Alain & Linda cruises pictures

... and enjoy !

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

1995 - Regal Princess (Eastern Carrib)

2000 - Sea Princess (Western Carrib)

2002 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib)

2004 - Coral Princess (Panama canal)

NEXT CRUISE:

2005/03/20 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib Meddley)

I agree with Chris that writing the review is worth the effort, especially as a way to relive the cruise and have a written record for yourself that you can read years later. I spent a lot of time working on the review of the Diamond Princess cruise my husband and I completed in March - so I'll admit I did post it to just about every cruise site I could find (well, at least here, cruisemates, and cruise-addicts). Especially since the Diamond was such a new ship at the time, I thought many people could benefit from the review. I was a little nervous that people might get annoyed seeing the same review in several different places, though! For that reason, I didn't post it to the Princess board (several others had already posted their experiences here at the time).

It is interesting to me, though, that the member reviews section here on CC has so few reviews posted compared to the number that I come across posted on the boards. Other sites have stronger "reader review" sections, but much weaker boards. The disadvantage of posting a review to the boards (especially since this one is so active) is that they tend to disappear quickly.

Keep the reviews coming - I love to read about other people's trips (even if it will be awhile before I can cruise again!)

Gayle

Celebrity Galaxy 03/1999

Diamond Princess 03/2004

I tried to post my review of my cruise on the Golden, March 20-27, 2004 twice! I never saw a box that said it was backlogged and I did not receive a denial from Cruise Critics, it must have been lost in cyberspace!! Oh well, I tried, but I did post this review on the Cruise Addicts board.

Next cruise on Caribbean Princess 10/30/2004!!

Archived