Half Moon Cay

linbobky

I've been there three times and have only ever seen one ship, which is perfect. :)

BTW, Half Moon Cay is my absolute favorite place in the Caribbean.

Last week I was in Half Moon Cay for the first time. I did not go to many places in the Caribbean, but did you find another beach somewhere else who somewhat can compare to the sand and water in Half Moon Cay ? I'm planning for a future trip ! :)

Last week I was in Half Moon Cay for the first time. I did not go to many places in the Caribbean, but did you find another beach somewhere else who somewhat can compare to the sand and water in Half Moon Cay ? I'm planning for a future trip ! :)

I don't care much for Western Caribbean itineraries but Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman makes it worthwhile. The sand is beautiful and unlike Half Moon Cay when you head out into the water you run into a gorgeous reef. The first time I was in Grand Cayman there was a woman renting snorkel gear out of a van, as well as stacks and beverages, and we floated around the reef. The only problem with Grand Cayman is the ship must tender and I read often in posts how the water was too choppy to run the tenders so the port was skipped. Same risk with Half Moon Cay, I suppose.

My wife and I crashed a hotel beach in Aruba but there is public access to Eagle Beach south of there, which I hear is nice. We took a city bus to the hotel but I believe there is a stop near the beach access. There is a bus terminal within walking distance of the pier.

We booked a private island tour while in Antigua with a stop at a very nice beach, not far from some all-inclusive resorts. Sorry, but I don't recall the name of the beach.

Most cruise line private islands have terrible beaches and make up for it with other activities. Those beaches have shallow stretches of sand and lots of rocks. We have only liked Half Moon Cay.

Hopefully, others have beach suggestions that compare. We often miss checking out beaches for snorkeling or other activities.