Single cruiser on Anthem--dinner reservations question

Hi everyone,

Single cruiser who decided on the spur of the moment to book on Anthem for the June 2 cruise. Super excited until I tried to make dinner reservations.

There is NOTHING available before 8:00 PM nightly which is way too late for me. :(

What would you do? Make the reservations for 8:00 then see if they can change them once I am onboard (which is always a nightmare)? Show up at 5:30 for dinner sans reservation? Call RCCL and see if they can work any magic?

I cruised on Quantum last year and they were able to seat me early on a couple of the nights without a reservation but I feel it would be rude to just expect that to happen right!?! :)

Thanks for your thoughts and happy cruising!!!

Lynette

The whole idea of My Time Dining is the flexibility of dining as it fits into your daily plans. Therefore there's absolutely nothing rude about just showing up at the time you want to and not make reservations. Cruise solo most of the time and that's exactly what I do regardless of the ship. Just know that you might have to wait a few minutes if you prefer a table to yourself.

If you're wanting to dine at Specialty Restaurant just head to that restaurant immediately after boarding and make the reservation. There are spaces that are held back and can't be booked on line just for that purpose.

Edited by xxoocruiser

The whole idea of My Time Dining is the flexibility of dining as it fits into your daily plans. Therefore there's absolutely nothing rude about just showing up at the time you want to and not make reservations. Cruise solo most of the time and that's exactly what I do regardless of the ship. Just know that you might have to wait a few minutes if you prefer a table to yourself.

If you're wanting to dine at Specialty Restaurant just head to that restaurant immediately after boarding and make the reservation. There are spaces that are held back and can't be booked on line just for that purpose.

agree

You should be able to book or change reservations once you're on the ship. I changed a few and had no problems. Try to do it on the first day, you'll have a better chance of getting the times you want. You can also just show up, on my cruises in January and March there were no lines when I went around 7.

Apart from booking Grande on the first night on both Anthem and Ovation, I just turn up anytime for dinner. Well I did on Anthem and I will on Ovation. My reason for booking Grande on the first night? It's a formal restaurant but the dress code doesn't apply on the first night :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Single cruiser who decided on the spur of the moment to book on Anthem for the June 2 cruise. Super excited until I tried to make dinner reservations.

There is NOTHING available before 8:00 PM nightly which is way too late for me. :(

What would you do? Make the reservations for 8:00 then see if they can change them once I am onboard (which is always a nightmare)? Show up at 5:30 for dinner sans reservation? Call RCCL and see if they can work any magic?

I cruised on Quantum last year and they were able to seat me early on a couple of the nights without a reservation but I feel it would be rude to just expect that to happen right!?! :)

Thanks for your thoughts and happy cruising!!!

Lynette

Were you able to get any discounts because you were cruising by yourself ? My brother is looking into coming with us on our next cruise but he will be in a cabin by himself. Right now BOGO doesn't work for him lol so waiting until this sales is over before I look at the prices - any advice on booking for a single person ?

Right now, Anthem and Quantum are the only two ships where a single can book a single without the single supplement. So if you are looking at Anthem, he should be able to book a single room. :)

Some of the Radiance class ships also have studio staterooms.