We Escaped! Best Cruise - review with pictures

jbetten1

Thank you for your review. We are thinking of "jumping ship" and trying the Escape out' date=' but I kept reading negatives and wondering whether the things people complain about would matter to us. Smoke would bother me. DH smokes cigars. We have been loyal to Royal and are now diamond, but their prices for 2018 are insane. We do have the Harmony booked for March 2017 so not sure how that will be going from Harmony to Escape. Anyway, I, like you am an extreme planner and have a lot of research to do yet.[/quote']

I would be happy to let you know after our sailing in October November we have mostly sailed Royal but sailed getaway last October and loved it so much so we booked escape for this year as a b2b with harmony [emoji33] we will be on harmony's transatlantic crossing then jumping over to port of Miami and straight onto escape I will be sure to write a review when we return [emoji3]

The all day sail with Jester Sailing Adventures was $150 per person, this included unlimited drinks for kids and adults - jester juice was really good - an amazing grilled chicken lunch with pasta and grilled corn (kids said it was even better than the food on the cruise ship), float mats and two stops for snorkeling. Captain Jim grilled up lunch while we snorkeled. We did the sail with just our family. We wanted a more relaxed trip and didn't want to get crammed in with 80 other people. The Jester can hold 6-7 people very comfortably.

The Jester sails out of Secret Harbour Resort - about a 20 minute cab ride from the port. We did set up the cab ride in advance from Captain Jim's recommendation. This worked out great. The sail was from 10-4pm and the ship was in port from 8am-6pm. We had no problem making it back in time. In fact we were back on the ship by 4:30pm.

Highly recommend sailing with Captain Jim!

Did they allow you to go where you wanted to go, or did they have a set path?....I am really interested in going to Cinnamon Bay....do you remember if you went there.........I originally wanted to go on our own to Red Hook take the ferry to Cruz Bay and taxi to CB and then back to Cruz bay for a late lunch before getting the ferry back, at 3.....but my hubby is a chicken.........

I am enjoying your reveiw.

I am seeing a theme on NCL cruises, if you want to eat in certain restaurants and see certain show you really need to reserve in advance.

Part of our concept of vacation is NOT planning in advance. Last cruise which was on Celebrity we never made a dinner reservation we just showed up. What kind of cruise would we have if we went on NCL without a plan? Just wondering.

• 3 weeks later...
I am enjoying your reveiw.

I am seeing a theme on NCL cruises, if you want to eat in certain restaurants and see certain show you really need to reserve in advance.

Part of our concept of vacation is NOT planning in advance. Last cruise which was on Celebrity we never made a dinner reservation we just showed up. What kind of cruise would we have if we went on NCL without a plan? Just wondering.

Post #41 addresses this exact question.

Stephen