Buying/Cancelling drink package

Hello all, just a quick question about the drink packages onboard. I really want to get one but I don't want if for the full 7 days. Will RC allow you to purchase it for days 1-4 and then cancel? TIA!!

Whenever you purchase, it has to last for at least 4 days and until the end of the cruise.

They do give you a chance to cancel at the beginning, but I don't know the limit of days. If they do let you cancel, they will refund the cost of the package as an board credit, and charge you individually for all the drinks consumed.

Edited by clarea

I am going on my first cruise with a friend next month. We are trying to stay on budget and were surprised at the price of drink packages. I was thinking of having one of us buy unlimited drink package and share drinks. Is this feasible? Do they watch for guests doing this?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You're probably going to get a lot of nasty responses to this question...but in short the answer is that sharing of packages is against their policy and I wouldn't risk it.

Have fun on your first cruise!

I am going on my first cruise with a friend next month. We are trying to stay on budget and were surprised at the price of drink packages. I was thinking of having one of us buy unlimited drink package and share drinks. Is this feasible? Do they watch for guests doing this?

If your "new" screen name is actually reflective of your email address, I do not believe the sincerity of your question for a nanosecond.

It's against there policy.

that would be unethical, don't you think?