Do you think my steward would...

IBRelaxin2

Strip the bed when we arrived to add the two twin size Memory foam mattress pads I got and then remake it? And if so what should I tip? Do I just leave the pads on the bed with a note and the tip... or call him. I'd attempt to do it myself but I'd never get the sheets on right again.

I have two bad discs in my back and I have to sleep on the foam or else I wake up in terrible pain, last cruise I was in agony even in the new beds. I got lucky and picked up two on clearance for only $4.99 at Target (90% off), so I was hoping to get them put on the bed. Thanks

........add the two twin size Memory foam mattress pads I got and then remake it? And if so what should I tip?.......
I don't think that would be a problem at all, especially if the request is accompanied with a picture of Andrew Jackson ;).

If you see him/her/them when you first go to your cabin just ask them to do it when they get a chance before bedtime (that first day is pretty busy for them with all the special requests and luggage sorting). If you don't see them, then I would call and try to talk to them in person about your request so they understand and you can tip them in person.

John

Leave it on the bed--leave a note on top of it--explaining what you want done. Print a note will be much easier to understand. he/she will probably do it at night when the beds get turned down. Lots easier.

Dont tip til its done

On each cruise I introduce myself to our steward and I give him/her twenty dollars. I tell him the money is a down-payment on his/her services. I am not very demanding; infact I really only want my soft cooler iced on cruises without a fridge or fridge emptied. I have never received bad service....never.

If service were ever really bad, the twenty the would be the tip. If service is what I expect I tip the standard tip at the end in addition to the twenty. If service is really good I tip over the standard at the end in addition to the twenty.

I worked for tips most of the 1980's when I was putting myself through college. I learned early on that you usually get what you pay for.

Archived