When to call upsell?

danp2482

do u have a PCC you deal with exclusively? if not, try to find one. Step two is usually 2 weeks before call. Sometimes my guy says next week, and def by thursday before you sail, but your pcc will know....

What if NCL wont give you a PCC? I do not have one (I booked online) and when I called NCL to inquire about having one assigned - they told me no :confused:

So, how can I find one to use?

Out of curiosity, how do you find out how many cabins are still available? Is it on the website or do you have to call a PCC/TA to find out?

In mini on BA 5/29 called today for H9 haven spa suite and was quoted $1500pp. I was shocked when they still have 10 cabins. I guess being I was CAS comp they aren't willing to go lower.

Out of curiosity, how do you find out how many cabins are still available? Is it on the website or do you have to call a PCC/TA to find out?

You can go to the website and go through the steps as if you were booking. Before you get to the part where you actually book, you will see a list of cabins in whatever category you click. If it says only guarantees are left than that category is sold, or nearly sold, out.

That's what I thought, but thank you for confirming. This board is such a wealth of good info! :-)

You can go to the website and go through the steps as if you were booking. Before you get to the part where you actually book, you will see a list of cabins in whatever category you click. If it says only guarantees are left than that category is sold, or nearly sold, out.

That's what I thought, but thank you for confirming. This board is such a wealth of good info! :-)

They will also tell you what, if anything, is available when you call the upsell department.

I called yesterday, 25 days out. Got upsold to an Aft Penthouse H6 from a GTY Mini Suite. It was the last one. I was actually surprised that they had any good offers that early. I had been going to NCLs site and checking on Havens. I noticed that the last few days rooms were selling, or upselling. Thought I'd try early. It seemed like everyone says wait till a week or two out.

1st time calling for an upsell though. Never bothered in the past. But then again the last time we were on NCL was 10 yrs ago.

Although when DH called upsell dept yesterday they said they only had 2 left. Wondering what that is all about?

There appear to be three 2 BR suites left on your sailing. The rest are Haven Courtyard or Haven Spa suites, which only hold 2 passengers. If you have 3 or more in your cabin then you can only upgrade to the 2 BR suite. Maybe that's why? There appear to be AMPLE Spa Haven staterooms on your sailing.

Does anyone know if it is possible for a regular cabin for 4 to upsell to an H4 (2 BR suite) and add an additional person at the same time?

If you have experienced that, is there a big price difference in addition to the normal upsell?

There appear to be three 2 BR suites left on your sailing. The rest are Haven Courtyard or Haven Spa suites, which only hold 2 passengers. If you have 3 or more in your cabin then you can only upgrade to the 2 BR suite. Maybe that's why? There appear to be AMPLE Spa Haven staterooms on your sailing.

It's just DH and I and we would really like to snag Spa Haven.

I just scored an upsell for my June 25th Escape cruise!:eek:

Went from a MA mini suite to an H5 Courtyard penthouse! At first she wanted $1000pp but I negotiated the price to $750pp.

So excited! :D:D:D:D