Suggestions of what to do in St Maarten with 2 little kids?

We'll be in Philipsburg, St Marrens from our cruise in May for 9 hours (9 am to 6 pm). We are a family of four, DH, me, and two kids, DD 5 and DS 2.5. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do there? We have never been in the area before. Thank you!

Suggest the Butterfly Farm. A walk through will excite and wonder them with all the varieties. Also gives wonderful photo opportunities. Then to Le Galion Beach with it's gentle slope beach and quiet sea for a picnic and fun.

Other on CC will no doubt give their preferences for you to select a great day from.

Suggest the Butterfly Farm. A walk through will excite and wonder them with all the varieties. Also gives wonderful photo opportunities. Then to Le Galion Beach with it's gentle slope beach and quiet sea for a picnic and fun.

Other on CC will no doubt give their preferences for you to select a great day from.

thank you! Grow-ups are not into the butterfly farm but will ask the kiddos. Le Galion Beach sounds good to us. Does it have snorkle, stand-paddle, etc? Can we find beer nearby? How far is it from the port?

Tropical wave is the name of the water sports booth. Paddle boards and kayaks are listed as available but I wouldn't bother snorkeling there.

Just FYI since it's about a 5 minute walk between the Butterfly Farm and Le Galion one adult could go there with the children if you want.

Tropical wave is the name of the water sports booth. Paddle boards and kayaks are listed as available but I wouldn't bother snorkeling there.

Just FYI since it's about a 5 minute walk between the Butterfly Farm and Le Galion one adult could go there with the children if you want.

Oh it's a must go then! Kids would love that, I'll go with them. Thank you!!!

What about the renting rate? Is it reasonable? Also the chair, umbrella, and the most important, beer, price reasonable?

Many thanks!

Oh it's a must go then! Kids would love that, I'll go with them. Thank you!!!

What about the renting rate? Is it reasonable? Also the chair, umbrella, and the most important, beer, price reasonable?

Many thanks!

If you google Chez Pat or tropical wave you will find their website. Just in case it hasn't been mentioned they are closed on Mondays from May through October I think it is.

• 3 months later...