One more clothes question, sorry!

gummyvites

Okay, okay, I know this has been discussed to death, but I'm still trying to figure out how to pack for my family.

We're in any-time dining, does that affect the dress code any? Are polo shirts and dockers with brown shoes okay for my hubby in the dining room. A dark suit for formal nights with black shoes?

For me, are non-denim capris okay? Denim skirts? Formal nights: Are short skirts (just above the knees) okay? It's a nice silky material.

What about for kids on the non-formal evenings?

I'm sorry to bring this up again. We're very casual people and I'm trying not to resent being told what to wear while we're on vacation! ;) I'm also trying to avoid bringing three different outfits for each of us for each day! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

We are 2 males travelling together. We are both doing polo shirts (any shirt with a collar is fine), dockers and cordovan loafers for the restaurant. Suit will be fine for the formal night.

I bet your man will be looking fine!:D You too!:)

Now.....GO FORTH and have a great cruise!

Sounds fine to me!!! Dressing for dinner is really not that complicated. Stay away from shorts and jeans at night, and all of you will be just right. For formal night, any jacket and tie on the men will satisfy the guidelines---- I know you'll read a lot about people who totally ignore the dress code, but I think you'll feel more comfortable if you follow these simple rules. Have a great cruise, and don't stress out over your clothes!!

Okay, okay, I know this has been discussed to death, but I'm still trying to figure out how to pack for my family.

We're in any-time dining, does that affect the dress code any? Are polo shirts and dockers with brown shoes okay for my hubby in the dining room. A dark suit for formal nights with black shoes?

For me, are non-denim capris okay? Denim skirts? Formal nights: Are short skirts (just above the knees) okay? It's a nice silky material.

What about for kids on the non-formal evenings?

I'm sorry to bring this up again. We're very casual people and I'm trying not to resent being told what to wear while we're on vacation! ;) I'm also trying to avoid bringing three different outfits for each of us for each day! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Perfect. All of the above. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Arlene

No one specifically answered your question about kids non-formal attire. You don't say the age of the kids, but overall it would be the same as adults. No shorts or jeans or t-shirts in the evenings. Shirts should have collars. Also stay away from athletic shoes in the evenings if possible. Remember these suggestions aren't just for the dining room either. If you attend a show or are really anywhere in a public area, you should stay in the "rig of the day". Of course no one wants to be told what to wear, but just pretend you are going to a nice restaurant and theater show. Lots of kids enjoy dressing up. Have the kids help pick out what clothes to bring. If these clothes options are unreasonable, there is always the buffet and a swim. ;) (But even that can get old on a cruise).

There's also the casual buffet too. You didn't say which ship you're on. If you're not in the mood to dress up on formal night, you can certainly go there (it's called the Horizon Court on the ships we've been on). There's some disagreement about whether you need to dress formal (for us, it's a suit for hubby and usually a cocktail dress or crepy pantsuit for me) outside the dining room, say the shows, after dinner. I don't think you should be made to feel bad if you want to change into other clothes, IMO. We certainly don't rush to get into our dressier duds at the stroke of six as we go to the late traditional seating and don't bother to change until right before.

I agree with all the good suggestions--they were followed 95% by those sailing the just completed Coral Princess Panama Canal cruise (Oct 5-15). Just got home from FLL at 10pm.

Be aware...relaxed dress is acceptable in the show rooms and other venues the last evening after your luggage is placed out the door. Many wore shorts and sandals (what they were going to wear traveling on disembarkation morning) in the public areas and the "farewell" show at 9pm.

Excellent cruise.

Have fun.:)

Archived