Oasis of the Sea and Teens

We are going on the Oasis of the Sea on June 11th and we have a daughter that is 12 and a son that is 16. Can anyone who has traveled on this cruise with kids these ages let me know how the experience was?

We have been on the Oasis a few times. My kids, 18, 16, 11 and 8 are always busy. Never bored. 16 year old son is on the basketball court all day, everyday. He meets new friends on the court as soon as we board. He goes to the teen club and Johnny Rockets. My 11 year old is in the pool most of the time but likes all the sport activities too.He also likes kids club in the evenings.. We will be on the Oasis June 25th...:)

We are going on the Oasis of the Sea on June 11th and we have a daughter that is 12 and a son that is 16. Can anyone who has traveled on this cruise with kids these ages let me know how the experience was?

Hey! We're on the same cruise as you!!:D

Just myself, DH, and DD (only child) who is 17.

She'll probably be with us most of the time, or chilling in the cabin. lol

She's just at that age, TV and her cell phone.

Regardless, she's excited to be going, so that's a positive, right?:D

Thanks for the feedback from you both. I agree with the head in the phone and we are hoping to slow that down while we are on the cruise. Regardless glad to hear that the kids on the boat seem to gather around the sports areas. SHould be a good trip and seeing you count down gets me more excited.

We just returned from the 9 night cruise on Oasis last month with our 12 year old daughter. She loved the teen club (split into 12-14 & 15-17 age groups). It is important they go to the meet up the first night (which wasn't posted on the compass) to meet those their own age. They will find a group to hang out with & there are many activities such as teen only pool party, ice skating, rock wall, flow rider, open arcade, etc. There is a dance party/disco event every night, a prom on formal night - things like this. Mostly they will just make plans to meet on their own, go to meals together, hang in the teen club, play sports or whatever. She had a great experience.