64k for Jade GV a good deal?

littlelulu01

I know a lot of folks report that suite prices have not increased over the past year. Just checking various dates this summer on the Jade. 64k for the two week sailing. Some weeks it's as low as 52k. Those prices are for two in the stateroom. Extra persons look to be only about $1200.

Of course DSC isn't included but you'll get a couple speciality dinners for the first two in the stateroom, 250 Internet and $50 per cabin per port shore excursion credit max 4 ports. That's a lot of free stuff!

What a bargain. Grab them while you can. Inventory on these is limited.

I was being sarcastic. It's obviously a good price for NCL and the people purchasing them, just not me. More power to NCL for creating this market. When people post the suite prices have not increased I'll beg to differ. At least on the med sailings.

It's no wonder they didn't price protect my Haven suite when they canceled my sailing last year. I guess they knew what they were doing last August and from a money making standpoint who can blame them.

Do I mind that I had purchased a haven suite for a true fraction of the cost and the next day it was canceled? Kinda, but at least now I understand why.

I know a lot of folks report that suite prices have not increased over the past year. Just checking various dates this summer on the Jade. 64k for the two week sailing. Some weeks it's as low as 52k. Those prices are for two in the stateroom. Extra persons look to be only about $1200.

Of course DSC isn't included but you'll get a couple speciality dinners for the first two in the stateroom, 250 Internet and $50 per cabin per port shore excursion credit max 4 ports. That's a lot of free stuff!

What a bargain. Grab them while you can. Inventory on these is limited.

So if you had 6 people, it would be $64k + (4 x $1200) for an average per person of 11,466.

That's for 2 weeks. Per week, that's $ 5,733 per person which isn't that out-of-line with the other Haven suites.

Since it's the Jade, I'm guessing the itinerary for 2 weeks is something semi-exotic. There would be a premium for that too.

Looking at it another way:

Cabin = 5500 sq ft. Cabin = $ 68,800 with 6 people.

Price per square foot, per person, per day = $0.15

15 cents! That's less than the price of a cup of coffee!

Stephen

So if you had 6 people, it would be $64k + (4 x $1200) for an average per person of 11,466.

That's for 2 weeks. Per week, that's $ 5,733 per person which isn't that out-of-line with the other Haven suites.

Since it's the Jade, I'm guessing the itinerary for 2 weeks is something semi-exotic. There would be a premium for that too.

Looking at it another way:

Cabin = 5500 sq ft. Cabin = $ 68,800 with 6 people.

Price per square foot, per person, per day = $0.15

15 cents! That's less than the price of a cup of coffee!

Stephen

I wasn't looking at it from a standpoint that six financially separate persons would book the stateroom. I was thinking of one or max two families and what an expensive family vacation. But if 6 financially separate individuals split the cost then all in with taxes, bev and dining pkg, DSC for everyone it would amount to about 1k per person per day. So for about 14k if I wanted to share a room with someone.

I guess you could look at it as a less than the price of a cup of coffee per sq ft. but that coffee will cost the same as a 4 year college education at a state university if one family is paying.

Compare the lowest priced stateroom on the same sailings, and most 14nt Jade med sailings this season. Inside stateroom for two all in around $4450 with UBP and DSC. So cabin wise all in with taxes, port fees, DSC and bev pkg; the insides run around $317/nt and the GV around 5k/nt.

The Jade out of Houston costs about the same per week for an inside stateroom as one night on the Jade out of Venice. The Jade out of Venice is selling quite well. Suite availability is very limited and so are the other cat. Yes they will probably have some last min price drops to fill the last few on the ship but some sailings have only ov and ms left. It is a great sailing, port intensive. I loved it so much we are doing the same sailing again this year.

Fair enough. In Toronto you can buy an 1800 sq ft house for about $800,000.

A 6,000 sq ft mansion however, will run you about 10 million.

The mansion isn't only larger, but also costs more per sq. ft.

The cheapest inside doesn't have a butler & concierge. Nor a grand player piano, etc.

A 5 star hotel in a big city will cost you $1k / day for a suite.... why shouldn't a ship?

I wasn't looking at it from a standpoint that six financially separate persons would book the stateroom. I was thinking of one or max two families and what an expensive family vacation. But if 6 financially separate individuals split the cost then all in with taxes, bev and dining pkg, DSC for everyone it would amount to about 1k per person per day. So for about 14k if I wanted to share a room with someone.

I guess you could look at it as a less than the price of a cup of coffee per sq ft. but that coffee will cost the same as a 4 year college education at a state university if one family is paying.

Compare the lowest priced stateroom on the same sailings, and most 14nt Jade med sailings this season. Inside stateroom for two all in around $4450 with UBP and DSC. So cabin wise all in with taxes, port fees, DSC and bev pkg; the insides run around $317/nt and the GV around 5k/nt.

The Jade out of Houston costs about the same per week for an inside stateroom as one night on the Jade out of Venice. The Jade out of Venice is selling quite well. Suite availability is very limited and so are the other cat. Yes they will probably have some last min price drops to fill the last few on the ship but some sailings have only ov and ms left. It is a great sailing, port intensive. I loved it so much we are doing the same sailing again this year.

What difference does the composition of the six people make, that does not impact the price per person!

Fair enough. In Toronto you can buy an 1800 sq ft house for about $800,000.

A 6,000 sq ft mansion however, will run you about 10 million.

The mansion isn't only larger, but also costs more per sq. ft.

The cheapest inside doesn't have a butler & concierge. Nor a grand player piano, etc.

A 5 star hotel in a big city will cost you $1k / day for a suite.... why shouldn't a ship?

I was not saying that a gv shouldn't cost that much. I am a firm believer it should cost whatever the market will bear just like everything else in the free world. You were comparing sq ft and I just compared sw ft of lowest priced stateroom. Obviously there's a big difference between the lowest and highest priced rooms on a ship and not just price. I had not seen the gv priced at 5k /nt previously.

It's a sign of economic recovery for sure. The gv was all in priced at $7,500 in 2012 for Alaska.

What difference does the composition of the six people make, that does not impact the price per person!

If husband and I took our kids on a cruise in the gv it would cost about 70k for two weeks on the ship. We would pay the cost of taking kids. If I decided to sail with six friends my cost would be much less. I would only pay 1/6. Of course the stateroom cost is the same. 14k plus air and land portion is still more than I would pay for a girls getaway with my friends but certainly less than if I had to pay for myself, husband and the kids and only our immediate family were in the room.

I was not saying that a gv shouldn't cost that much. I am a firm believer it should cost whatever the market will bear just like everything else in the free world. You were comparing sq ft and I just compared sw ft of lowest priced stateroom. Obviously there's a big difference between the lowest and highest priced rooms on a ship and not just price. I had not seen the gv priced at 5k /nt previously.

It's a sign of economic recovery for sure. The gv was all in priced at $7,500 in 2012 for Alaska.

The square footage analogy is stupid. The GV should cost whatever the market will bear. An apartment in Manhattan has nothing to do with the Garden Villa.

Edited by triptolemus