Bernie Tasmania & Kangaroo Island SA

We docked in Burnie and they provided shuttle buses into the visitor centre. Everyone tenders at Kangaroo Island and there is not much in town so you need to either reserve one of the few rent a cars or book a ships tour.

Steve.

Burnie is my hometown the port is a large operation and always extremely busy you will docked at pier 7 and shuttled of the wharf via bus to the city centre generally.

Hi guys do Princess Cruises tender or port in Bernie Tasmania ?

do they port or tender in Kangaroo Island South Australia thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
We docked in Burnie and they provided shuttle buses into the visitor centre. Everyone tenders at Kangaroo Island and there is not much in town so you need to either reserve one of the few rent a cars or book a ships tour.

Steve.

So if I do the Southern Getaway for 4 nights January 2018, I should plan to stay aboard that day? I'm on a walking frame, so tendering could be er "interesting!" I checked a guide book at the library, there seemed nothing in Penneshaw that I'm interested in, so a quiet day aboard shall be planned if I book the cruise. Still to do my first cruise, the booking will depend on my tolerance for the ship's movement.

So if I do the Southern Getaway for 4 nights January 2018, I should plan to stay aboard that day? I'm on a walking frame, so tendering could be er "interesting!" I checked a guide book at the library, there seemed nothing in Penneshaw that I'm interested in, so a quiet day aboard shall be planned if I book the cruise. Still to do my first cruise, the booking will depend on my tolerance for the ship's movement.

Lots of people use tenders with wheelchairs, frames and walking sticks, so don't be totally put off, the staff are great, but a quiet day on board can be great too.

Hey "Gut", we must catch up on Emerald in December!

As for Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island though, there really isn't much there. If you can manage the tender ride, lunch at the pub on the top of the hill overlooking the bay is very pleasant. Probably no better than what you can get on the ship while overlooking the bay though! :D

Steve.

Hey "Gut", we must catch up on Emerald in December!

As for Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island though, there really isn't much there. If you can manage the tender ride, lunch at the pub on the top of the hill overlooking the bay is very pleasant. Probably no better than what you can get on the ship while overlooking the bay though! :D

Steve.

G'day Steve

You should come on over and join the worlds slowest roll call, at least we're keeping each other up to date on price drops, got a G.R.E.A.T. saving the other day. (About 20-25% off)

And then yesterday $250 OBC for a $100 jump in price.

Edited by GUT2407

Four things stand out to me re our docking at Burnie port in 2014.

1. The Koala bear sign dockside for the bridge to stop abeam;

2. Watching the forward lines being transferred by small boat to the bollard on a separate concrete pad;

3. The Mayor in full regalia greeting passengers at the gangway;

4. The excellent performance from the Police pipe band and Scottish dancers in the Vista lounge before sailaway.