Private tour companies in Progreso?

JohninAult

Can anyone recommend a private tour company in Progreso? We would like to take a private tour to Merida and book it in advance.

We have found Shoretrips, but thought they were pretty expensive.

Any other ideas? Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks for the advice. This looks like a better alternative. I'm more concerned about having air conditioned transportation which will come and go on our schedule. I have people with limited mobility and they can't be just dropped off and left for a couple of hours.

I'm thinking now that we will just try to find appropriate private transportation once we arrive on the pier. Do the options that are available usually sell out quickly?

• 1 month later...

Since my husband uses a wheelchair, I tried to find private transportation prior to arriving in Progresso, but the only companies I could find were expensive so I did not book with them.

We were able to get an air conditioned cab at the pier without any issues. They also had minvans, which we did not need since there were just the 2 of us. However, our driver spoke very little English . This was not an issue for since we were going to Dzibultchan, but since you plan to tour Merida, you probably need to be sure that your driver speaks English.

Archived