3/37 Regal

rilco33647

People expressing their opinions in a respectful way is called a conversation which I think most people on my thread have done. I am not reading this as a 'war'. It was not intended to be that. Please don't turn it into something different. If you want that, please start your own thread. It's ok that people's perceptions are different. It doesn't make it right or wrong.

People expressing their opinions in a respectful way is called a conversation which I think most people on my thread have done. I am not reading this as a 'war'. It was not intended to be that. Please don't turn it into something different. If you want that, please start your own thread. It's ok that people's perceptions are different. It doesn't make it right or wrong.

Exactly--

When people express views on this board, such as yourself, that are not in agreement with the popular views of this board they're criticized & accused if being trouble makers.

Why? Possible because it's a minority opinion or doesn't agree with their views. They can't seem to leave the thread alone let those who want to take part in the discussion do so.

This is a review of the attire for the week. This is what I saw. This is not meant to start another dress war. Please be nice in your responses. Some people truly want to know what to wear on upcoming cruises. Here you go:

Just off Regal last Sunday. Here's what I saw:

Dining room casual nights

men- jeans, casual pants, golf shirts, short/long sleeved button down shirts

women- jeans, casual pants, short/long sleeved shirts, casual dresses

Dining Room formal nights

men- jeans, casual pants, golf shirts, short/long sleeved button down shirts, jackets, suits, tuxedos

women- jeans, casual pants, short/long sleeved button down shirts, casual dresses, formal dresses

Basically I saw EVERYTHING and casual or formal everyone looked nicely dressed. Both young and old were in casual dress.

On a side note: This was our 9th cruise and we decided to skip the dining room and eat in the buffet (which was fabulous), Alfredos (amazing), and the specialty restaurants (excellent). It was clear from the amount of people in those venues that we were not alone in skipping the dining room. I think the formality of the dining room with mediocre food (even on casual nights) is quickly fading away. People change, new generations have new expectations which the industry must cater to. Those that still want to dress should and can. Clearly the industry recognizes that a huge amount of people simply don't want that experience. The industry is about making money. They will never enforce a dress code that people don't want. There were 4,000 people on our cruise. Princess isn't going to cater to the small percentage of people in formal wear. They want repeat cruisers to pay again!!! The great majority of those people were in casual attire. It is what it is!!!

Thanks for posting this. I've been cruising for many years, but I am about to go on my first Princess cruise. I intend to eat in speciality restaurants every night as its only a short trip. I have seen many CC 'discussion threads' about dress code, and I agree that in reality when you are onboard it is often more casual than some threads would lead you to believe. I just wanted to check if I could wear smart jeans and this confirms my answer as a yes. [emoji4]

We were on the Regal in February (Western Carib). We had to make a choice...formal wear or snorkel wear. We went with snorkel and therefore also broke from our normal traditional dining to anytime dining. I did not want to leave my table spot empty on formal night.

We observed many people dressed to the nines all over the ship. I was not one of them but enjoyed seeing everyone dressed up. I did wear my nicest clothes on those nights, but they were far from formal.

Plus cruises now cater from the lowest denominator to the highest - from tattooed drunks to tuxedoed executives - you cannot please everyone - the "shorts at dinner" crowd should go on Carnival - it's more their scene and style -

Don't forget the drunk executives and tuxedoed tattooed.:rolleyes: