Carnival Liberty 4/4/16 - 5 day out of Galveston

nsullivan

Oh and I forgot to mention that when I booked this cruise I put that it was our honeymoon cruise. So we got a $25 gift coupon for a bottle of wine.

We also got chocolate covered strawberries and other goodies in our stateroom after our Behind the Fun tour.

Thanks for your review! I'm thinking of booking this ship as a last minute bday cruise for my DS and I since he will be in Texas for a pre-college program at the end of June. We would be doing this exact same itinerary. I've been on the Breeze, Dream and Sunshine so I don't have the highest expectations for the Liberty, as she is an older ship- but was refurbished a few years ago with 2.0 upgrades. Doesn't matter because we love Carnival! I'm really interested in trying out the American Table menu in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by trixiegal

I'm jealous of all of yall leaving soon for your cruises. Since I'm back at work all I want to do is go on another cruise. The Breeze will be coming to Galveston so I think that will be my next one. I'm almost in the middle of Galveston and New Orleans so it depends on the ship for me to decide where to leave from.

There you are!

Half of my face is actually in your behind the fun tour picture :)

That was a neat tour but half the time I could't understand what was being said which was unfortunate.

Agree on a lot of your opinions. This was a very fun getaway for us too, but you could definitely feel a little squeeze from the cutbacks. We were lucky enough though that the vast majority of crew members we dealt with were friendly and fun.

Loved your pictures..you're way better at it than I am even when they're sideways!

And I agree..very sad about our roll call member who lost her life. I can't even imagine how awful that must have been for her family.

Looking at our pictures, the two ladies standing just behind your husband on the one with the ship's bell are our dinner tablemates :)

Those are exactly the two guys I had a hard time with as well. About all I could make out in the laundry was "washing machine"

Wasn't that ironing and folding machine awesome though?

Yes that machine was awesome. My husband was like "We need one of those." But I did totally feel bad for the guys that had to load the machine. 10 hours of standing there loading sheets....that seems like the worst job ever.

I'm really enjoying your review and your pictures are beautiful! We've been on Liberty twice and she's the only ship we've "repeated", so I'm definitely partial to Liberty. We've never been to Progresso before but I really love your pictures of the Mayan ruins there.

This is funny, but I have a friend who lives in Galveston and I let her know that she'd be getting and old friend of ours (Liberty) when the ship swapping started. The reason I let her know is that she can see the cruise ships from her parking garage where she parks for work. She posted a picture on my "social network site" wall on April 4th that she got of Liberty from her parking garage before she headed into work. That's the day you got on her. I noticed a parking garage in the distance in the picture you posted right when you were sailing out of Galveston...so wondering if that's where she parks. Thank you for taking the time to do a review. :)

Ok I have some random papers I saved. So I took camera pics of them because my husband is currently playing xbox games like a teenager and blocking my access to my scanner. If you need something blown up to see it better, let me know.

Here are the spa specials they sent us. I'm sure they will be similar for different cruises so at least it gives you an idea.

image_zpsiai7t9pt.jpeg

image_zpsuckmt4kc.jpeg

image_zps0kaeklkk.jpeg

image_zpsdoud1q6p.jpeg

image_zps6aw7e0vb.jpeg

I think that's all I have for y'all. I hope the review helped a little with your plans.

Hopefully I will be able to do a review for another cruise sooner rather than later. I think my next one will be a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Breeze when it comes to Galveston

I prefer Galveston to New Orleans. I don't know anything about the port at New Orleans but it's not my favorite city. Galveston is much easier to navigate. And the drive to Galveston doesn't seem quite as never ending as the drive to New Orleans. So that's just our preference.

Yes that machine was awesome. My husband was like "We need one of those." But I did totally feel bad for the guys that had to load the machine. 10 hours of standing there loading sheets....that seems like the worst job ever.

Agreed..I'd lose my mind!

I think that's all I have for y'all. I hope the review helped a little with your plans.

Hopefully I will be able to do a review for another cruise sooner rather than later. I think my next one will be a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Breeze when it comes to Galveston

I prefer Galveston to New Orleans. I don't know anything about the port at New Orleans but it's not my favorite city. Galveston is much easier to navigate. And the drive to Galveston doesn't seem quite as never ending as the drive to New Orleans. So that's just our preference.

You will love the Breeze! We cruised on her 2 years ago and it remains my favorite Carnival ship thus far. The spa area is absolutely beautiful. And it has a really nice Lido deck and Serenity area, too.

Thanks again for your very through review. I really want to sail on the Liberty now, so I hope I can make it happen for this July. :)