Anthem Of The Seas' best feature: The Solarium

We leave on the May 5th cruise and loved the view of the front pools and your room. It brought back all the wonderful memories of our cruise on the Quantum from Barcelona to Dubai. We really loved the QOS and that is why we are taking this May cruise to let our grown children experience this wonderful class of ships.

Hope your review will be finished before we sail.

That was really great. I shared the YouTube link to our Facebook event of our 8 family group going on Anthem next March. All of our rooms are together, port side right next to the elevators, so basically, just a few floors below the Solarium's port Side entrance. We plan on making extensive use of the Solarium and it's bar ;-)

As others have said, you could use this video as a voice over talent demo reel. Great voice, excellent dictation/enunciation and just the right speed. Looking forward to more.

P.S. I produce educational videos/material for staff training/education in a University Hospital. I wish a had a pool of talent such as you within our staff

dp

What type of camera did you shoot it with

I used a DJI Osmo, which is a new type of stabilized video camera that provides stable shots even when you walk around with the camera.

In a big time Hollywood movie they would use a Steadicam to provide a stable shot like that... but those things are too expensive for YouTubers. The DJI Osmo is an excellent affordable way to create steady handheld shots, within the financial reach of the YouTube community.

If that's something you're interested in, you can see a pretty good explanation of the DJI Osmo in this video:

[YOUTUBE]834OkLCJXag[/YOUTUBE]

I'm taking this opportunity to piggy back on your video and share one of my own. Not of just the solarium, but more of a quick highlights/recap I put together.

I just watched your video and really enjoyed it. That's cool that you got to do the behind-the-scenes tour, and that they let you take your camera on the tour. Carnival offers a similar behind-the-scenes tour on their ships, but won't let you bring cameras. There was an incident a few years ago where someone on the tour took a photo of something posted on a crew-only bulletin board... and it was something Carnival didn't want passengers to know about... and the passenger posted the photo to Cruise Critic. Carnival banned cameras on the tour after that.

Wonderful video! You have an exceptional voice for narrating!

Thanks. I was a radio announcer and Program Director during the 1970s and 80s. I had to get out of it because there was no money in it, but my heart is still there!

Loved the video, thanks for sharing. The Solarium looks beautiful. I'm jealous of those pools. The solarium pools on the oasis class are so sad in comparison.

This is what I love about sailing on each new class of ships. You get to see how they improve upon things with each new generation of ship. I thought it was especially cool that they finally put a power outlet next to the bed for those of us that use a CPAP machine at night.

I produce educational videos/material for staff training/education in a University Hospital. I wish a had a pool of talent such as you within our staff

That's very nice of you to say. Next project that comes along and you need some narration, why don't you send me a script and I'll send you back a MP3 file? No charge... just something fun for me to try. You can email me at james dot zimmerlin at gmail dot com

I just watched your video and really enjoyed it. That's cool that you got to do the behind-the-scenes tour, and that they let you take your camera on the tour. Carnival offers a similar behind-the-scenes tour on their ships, but won't let you bring cameras.

Thanks, cameras/phones were definitely not a problem, in fact somewhat encouraged, but they were very stern regarding no video taking during the engine control room and bridge portion of the tour.

That's very nice of you to say. Next project that comes along and you need some narration, why don't you send me a script and I'll send you back a MP3 file? No charge... just something fun for me to try. You can email me at james dot zimmerlin at gmail dot com

Well, I should also have mentioned that the hospital I work at is on the canadian east coast and is in a French community. You don't happen to do French do you? :D

I do hope our paths cross on a cruise someday. I'll buy you a beer... if you happen to drink the stuff ;)

dp

Well, I should also have mentioned that the hospital I work at is on the canadian east coast and is in a French community. You don't happen to do French do you? :D

Oh! That is one vital piece of information that you didn't mention in the original post! ha ha

Sorry, can't help you with a French voice over!

Finally watched your video, wow, wish I saw something like this before going on board. I fought those bridge wing viewing platform doors all cruise and eventually gave up, I never saw the hand sensor...

In that case, I don't feel so bad. I only fought them for one full day before finally spotting the secret button.

Edited by Spaniel Lover

I used a DJI Osmo, which is a new type of stabilized video camera that provides stable shots even when you walk around with the camera.

In a big time Hollywood movie they would use a Steadicam to provide a stable shot like that... but those things are too expensive for YouTubers. The DJI Osmo is an excellent affordable way to create steady handheld shots, within the financial reach of the YouTube community.

If that's something you're interested in, you can see a pretty good explanation of the DJI Osmo in this video:

[YOUTUBE]834OkLCJXag[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome info

Thank You

In that case, I don't feel so bad. I only fought them for one full day before finally spotting the secret button.

Ugh, oh well, that just means we have to sail Anthem again, waiting to see some 2018 New England & Canada dates.

Would it be fair to say you can't really swim around in this tiered pool like say Rhapsody or Radiance solarium pools. It looks great but it appears passengers only stand or sit in a corner like hot tubs.

Would it be fair to say you can't really swim around in this tiered pool like say Rhapsody or Radiance solarium pools. It looks great but it appears passengers only stand or sit in a corner like hot tubs.

That sounds right. The water is really probably only about waist high so it's more for sitting and relaxing.

Good question, that was my impression also.

Yes that is what i remember from our Anthem cruise last year, I did not go in but others seemed to just be sitting

You may be able to sit under waterfalls.

As our cruise was port intensive and a hot one we only passed through the solarium once.

It must come into its own on colder itineraries.