Upgrading drinks package

With our cruise we have the standard drinks package. I want to upgrade this to the premium package. Do I do this through RC our agent or when I'm on the boat? I see there is 20% off at the moment so would like to do it asap. Thanks

With our cruise we have the standard drinks package. I want to upgrade this to the premium package. Do I do this through RC our agent or when I'm on the boat? I see there is 20% off at the moment so would like to do it asap. Thanks

You can upgrade on the ship. You cannot take advantage of the 20% off in combination with a fare that already includes a drink package.

Are you able to do it before you're cruise?

Thanks for your help.

No, you cannot upgrade a drink package that was included as part of the fare pre-cruise, unless you are willing to pay full price for the upgraded package.

No, you cannot upgrade a drink package that was included as part of the fare pre-cruise, unless you are willing to pay full price for the upgraded package.

Thanks. Will have to wait till we get on board. I do like everything done before then I don't have to wait in that long line at guest relations!!!

Thanks. Will have to wait till we get on board. I do like everything done before then I don't have to wait in that long line at guest relations!!!

You can go to a bar to upgrade. Or most likely there will be bar staff at tables when you board.

You can go to a bar to upgrade. Or most likely there will be bar staff at tables when you board.

And there is not always a long line at guest relations. Stay optimistic. ;)

Sorry, if this question seems pretty basic, but we are new to RCI. How did you find out about the 20% off sale on beverage packages? Do you log in daily or was it via an email? I understand it is for select sailings, but I don't want to miss the offer if it becomes available for ours. Thanks!!

Sorry, if this question seems pretty basic, but we are new to RCI. How did you find out about the 20% off sale on beverage packages? Do you log in daily or was it via an email? I understand it is for select sailings, but I don't want to miss the offer if it becomes available for ours. Thanks!!

I would not depend on an email from Royal as they can be spotty at best. I would check the Cruise Planner periodically.

What? We did it.

Edited by gliles

You can typically pay to upgrade from one package to a higher one and pay the difference. (We've done this before aboard the ship by talking to a bartender or a visit to guest services.). What I don't think you can do is upgrade a FREE lower package to a discounted higher package. No matter what though... Remember this is RC we are talking about. The only thing they are consistent with is their non-consistency. :)

Edited by RadioRob