Escape Haven questions

Slark

We were on Getaway in June of last year and didn't care for the layout of the Haven restaurant. From the pics I've seen, Escape has a much better layout. Can anyone comment from experience?

Also, how's the new covered pool area?

And is there a Haven fitness room?

Thanks for responses!

The Haven Restaurant aboard the Escape is actually one deck above the the Haven Lounge and pool area and I think that separation makes it feel like a stand alone venue. I did like it better than the Getaway, and it was on par with the Epic. Just my opinion. I loved the menu aboard the Escape as well, and I understand that menu has now gone fleet-wide.;)

The Haven restaurant on the 2 ships are both rectangular in shape... But on the Getaway the short end are the tables along the Windows but on the Escape they designed it with the long end along the water . My wife and I enjoy sitting with a window view and in 3 Haven trips on the Getaway we weren't able to sit by the Windows once ( unless you wanted to wait for awhile )....on the Escape 2 months ago we had almost every breakfast and lunch in the Haven and EVERY single time we were seated by the window immediately ... Like the design on the Escape much better

How do you go about making requests for our haven suite ahead of time with our butler or making spa reservations can we do that ahead of time or do we have to do once on board?

Best to get to know your butler once on board. There is really nothing special you can/need to order in advance. Thermal suite passes can be purchased in advance online for a discount. Other treatments can been booked once on board (there is usually a spa representative as part of your introductory tour of the Havens).

• 3 weeks later...

I asked this question on another thread but can't find it. Does the Haven Restaurant offer the specials that are in the MDRs like the Beef Wellington? I'm not too good at navigating CC.

I asked this question on another thread but can't find it. Does the Haven Restaurant offer the specials that are in the MDRs like the Beef Wellington? I'm not too good at navigating CC.

From our experience in the Haven restaurant 2 weeks ago.. no the MDR specials such as Wellington aren't on the Haven menu...but if asked for the staff will try to accommodate and get those items and bring them to you. Also to add that in my opinion while the specials aren't part of the regular menu...the regular Haven dinner menu is wonderful. Filet, prime rib, lobster, and other goodies available every night as standard fare. And a tip...the Haven breakfast daily was amazing!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Best to get to know your butler once on board.

Absolutely! On the larger ships the butler is a strong factor in the Haven experience. The concierge will help on reservations and getting into shows, but you interact with your butler everyday. And he (never had a she...) takes care of your needs inside that wonderful suite you have booked!