Carnival to Bermuda or Norwegian Epic to Caribbean?

arkiesgirl

Opinions please. We're planning our next cruise and can't decide between a Carnival cruise to Bermuda, where we've never been, or Norwegian Epic to the Western Caribbean, where we've been several times...just not on Norwegian.

If you've been to the Caribbean several times, and never been to Bermuda, Bermuda would be the choice; and I would not do it on Carnival because in a multi-day stay in Bermuda the first day is Sunday which means a reduced public transportation schedule (bus & ferry) and a 50% surcharge on taxi fares I would suggest the Summit instead because of its mid-week stay.

Why Bermuda?? because the people are helpful and genuinely friendly, the island is clean, the beaches are beautiful, there is much to see and do beside the beaches, and the island is not a tourist trap. I've never been approached by a panhandler, and have never seen a street vendor. I feel safe when out & about.

You are made to feel as a welcome guest in their home, not someone who is just to be tolerated.

SBtS

The most recent Bermuda port schedule (3/2) does not have the Escape as a visitor to the island; and Carnival.com does not have it in the list of its cruise ships stopping in Bermuda.

SBtS

We were looking at 2017 dates. Unless I'm looking at something different Carnival site has a July 2017 date from Baltimore. We will double check. Thank you.