A Question for 2015 "Homelands" Cruisers

molymoo

We are booked on Viking Homelands for this July and (okay, I'm excited!) I am already beginning to plan for packing.

Am I correct in assuming that the weather will be cooler than we are used to here in the Midwest? We did the Russian Cruise in 2012 which started in St. Petersburg and it was really quite cool ... it didn't make it our of the 50's two of the four days we were there.

Things got warmer as we moved toward Moscow and away from the Baltic but as most of the "Homelands" cruise is in the Baltic area I am tentatively planning on having more 3/4 and long sleeved tops and more than one of the "summer cardigans" I usually bring on summer trips.

I might even consider the fleece jacket I purchased on board in 2012 ... wasn't prepared for that one!

It is definitely cooler thann the mid-west and can get downright chilly when it's raining. On the other hand it can get quite warm, so have a few T-shirt, a pair of Capris or shorts. Instead of the fleece, I might suggest a rain jacket that can double as a wind breaker. If course if you have room the fleece would be nice, but you definitely need a rain jacket!