Basic question on price and price changes

Hi. I typically book within a 60 to 90 day window - just because of my own schedule. However, I am now looking at a cruise in 2017. If I book now and the price drops, can I call in and get the new adjusted price? I am guessing that any changes before final payment date would allow for the adjusted price - is that correct? I realize this is a pretty basic question - but I appreciate the help.

thanks.

Hi. I typically book within a 60 to 90 day window - just because of my own schedule. However, I am now looking at a cruise in 2017. If I book now and the price drops, can I call in and get the new adjusted price? I am guessing that any changes before final payment date would allow for the adjusted price - is that correct? I realize this is a pretty basic question - but I appreciate the help.

thanks.

Royal normally grants you the lower price if it is prior to final payment date.

perfect - thanks. So I book now because I am fine with the price. and then if it should drop between now and final payment date next year I will consider it a bonus. thanks so much.

Correct. Also remember that if the price drops after final payment date, while you cannot get a credit of any kind, you may find a better stateroom is available for little or no additional cost.

perfect - thanks. So I book now because I am fine with the price. and then if it should drop between now and final payment date next year I will consider it a bonus. thanks so much.

Also remember that if there is a price drop, the cruise will be repriced at the current offer which could mean you lose any additional perks from the original booking. For example, if you book now and got the free gratuities, if the offer at the time of the price drop does not have free gratuities or any other OBC, then you will lose that perk when you reprice.