Canadians at Par

dam64

How many are really booking this promo and was it worth it with losing the "free" choices?

Would definitely have booked with it but they offered an insanely small amount of cruises that were in low season, when we cannot travel.

They offered us to keep one of the "free choices" and take another 10% off the Canadian rate to help with the exchange rate. A couple others on the boards here reported they were offered 20% off but NCL dropped that offer to only 10% after the first day of offering it (too many people taking advantage of it???)

If they would offer Canadian at Par for the trip we want, we would book today. Unfortunately, that is not the case currently as there are very few sailings that deal applies to.

I originally booked the Escape for an Aug. 20 sailing using the Canada at Par promotion. While reviewing everything with my TA, we realized there was a second promotion for Canadians. Rather than at par, there was a 20% discount on the cruise fare AND you could also get the Free at Sea promotion. Once I did the math and took a conservative estimate how much DW and I might drink, it was a no-brainer and changed the reservation. Can you guess which perk we chose? ;)

However, the Free at Sea discount for Canadians is now only 5% so the at par promotion might be more attractive.

I originally booked the Escape for an Aug. 20 sailing using the Canada at Par promotion. While reviewing everything with my TA, we realized there was a second promotion for Canadians. Rather than at par, there was a 20% discount on the cruise fare AND you could also get the Free at Sea promotion. Once I did the math and took a conservative estimate how much DW and I might drink, it was a no-brainer and changed the reservation. Can you guess which perk we chose? ;)

However, the Free at Sea discount for Canadians is now only 5% so the at par promotion might be more attractive.

Funny to see how the discount has shrunk from 20% when you booked it, to 10% when I called, to the now current 5%.

We booked the at par promotion since we were able to select our cabins for the same price as balcony guarantee under the free at see promotion. It was going to cost a couple thousand dollars more per cabin if we wanted to select our rooms.

I booked with a Canadian TA and since he had a group booking was able to get a reasonable price in Canadian $$. Looking at the same room on the NCL website the room is substantially higher (about $400.00) in US$. Am going to take full advantage of buying OBC and using it for the daily gratuties and possibly an excursion or two. We have the drink package as well as the 3 meal dining package with our booking plus double points.

snow bunny