Your thoughts-Cove balcony and why is aft balcony in the middle of the ship?

3redheads

Any thoughts on 2356? I tried to compare deck 2 to deck 3 to see if this cabin was in a problem area. Cannot figure it out!

Also, why are the Aft-View Extended Balcony stateroom in the middle of the ship? Here's the description on the site:

Aft-View Extended Balcony staterooms feature a larger balcony for more lounge-around room, more kick-back space... not to even mention some of the best stern-side views you'll find anywhere. Get ready to relax as you gaze upon Carnival Vista's gentle wake from your spacious balcony.

The category name aft VIEW may be the key; however, it is a bit misleading.

2356 is below the restaurant. Not sure if u may hear vacuuming and movement of tables late at night or early in the morning. However, if u leave ur balcony door open, the sound of the water shd resolve any noise! This is a cove balcony under a lifeboat. make sure u r not claustrophobic as I believe it is very cozy. U also will not get much sun. Google u-tube for videos of a cove so u can get the feel of it as it is a very different type of balcony. U love it or u hate it!

As far as I can see the stateroom is a normal cove balcony and not an aft or aft stateroom. I belive this a glitch on the website- where did you see this?

The stateroom should be between dining room and beginning of the galley, I would asume its ok, but if you are a light sleeper you may want to change the cabin to one only under the dining room.

We were on the breeze in a cove balcony under the galley and heard really not that much, but we are good sleepers espacially on a cruise ;)

This is from carnival:

2356 7C 185/45 = 230 square feet

Beds: two twin beds (convert to king)

View: window and cove balcony

Bathroom shower-toilet-sink

Features: Interactive LCD TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, desk and ottoman seat, sofa and coffee table

Balcony Features: 2 patio chairs and table / balcony partition opens to:

We LOVE a cove but can't find info about this either... The room I'm looking at (2301) appears to be below the Vista Lobby and Bar... Can't tell if that's good or bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wish I knew what was above these rooms. Since it's a new ship, we can't find reviews. Enjoy your trip!!

2356 is below the restaurant. Not sure if u may hear vacuuming and movement of tables late at night or early in the morning. However, if u leave ur balcony door open, the sound of the water shd resolve any noise! This is a cove balcony under a lifeboat. make sure u r not claustrophobic as I believe it is very cozy. U also will not get much sun. Google u-tube for videos of a cove so u can get the feel of it as it is a very different type of balcony. U love it or u hate it!

I think we'll love it. The closer to the water, the better!

As far as I can see the stateroom is a normal cove balcony and not an aft or aft stateroom. I belive this a glitch on the website- where did you see this?

It's on the Carnival site>balcony>aft view extended balcony.

Sure wish we had booked earlier so we could have snagged a true aft. Just love them!

I wish I knew what was above these rooms. Since it's a new ship, we can't find reviews. Enjoy your trip!!

I think we'll love it. The closer to the water, the better!

The deck plans are online... Just not sure if I'm reading them correctly! ;)

Agreed. I lined up the deck plans, and 2356 should be directly under the last table (in the corner) against the side wall in the Reflections restaurant. I'd be more concerned if it was under the middle of the restaurant, but under a corner like that should be quieter.

Agreed. I lined up the deck plans, and 2356 should be directly under the last table (in the corner) against the side wall in the Reflections restaurant. I'd be more concerned if it was under the middle of the restaurant, but under a corner like that should be quieter.

Thank you!

You can also use the elevators to line up the decks :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Excellent tip! We are very excited about the cove room!

We're in 2375 & 2379. I'm really hoping the balcony partitions will open up so we'll have a bigger balcony and (sort of) connecting cabins. This is our first time in cove balcony cabins so I'm wondering if I will like the more closed in feeling than a regular balcony. It will be nice to hear the water. TBH, that's one of the things I love about being on a cruise ship in general.

I need to look on the deck plans to see what we're under. We are a late to bed family but my sis and nephew may be more susceptible to any noise from above.

We're in 2375 & 2379. I'm really hoping the balcony partitions will open up so we'll have a bigger balcony and (sort of) connecting cabins. This is our first time in cove balcony cabins so I'm wondering if I will like the more closed in feeling than a regular balcony. It will be nice to hear the water. TBH, that's one of the things I love about being on a cruise ship in general.

I need to look on the deck plans to see what we're under. We are a late to bed family but my sis and nephew may be more susceptible to any noise from above.

Both of those cabins are under the main galley. 2375 also looks like it has the front edge of a lifeboat over the cove balcony, while 2379 will be fully under that lifeboat.

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw your message! I have too many posts bookmarked. [emoji57]

2354 & 2356 are my next options. What do you think?

I'm the one who started the thread. I had 2356, but gave it up because a Havana Aft Extended Balcony came open, so I grabbed it.

Here's what Sam Eagle posted about it:

______

I'm the one who started the thread. I had 2356, but gave it up because a Havana Aft Extended Balcony came open, so I grabbed it.

Here's what Sam Eagle posted about it:

______

Wow, you're lucky! I had to give up our 2 side by side Havana Aft Extended Balconies when we switched sail dates. I'm hoping against false hope that another 2 will open up around final payment but it's a long shot.

I'm going to try and make the move into those 2 cabins and get the $80 price drops. Thanks for the info!