Port Arrival Time

cruisegirl515

I just realized that I had not completed my online check in for our cruise that is in 2 weeks. When I completed it this morning all of the early port arrival times were unavailable so I had to take the 1:30-2:00. Does anyone know if they follow these times strictly? Is there any advantage to showing up earlier then the time you are assigned or are we pretty much stuck with boarding at that time at this point?

In most cases the terminal is pretty well cleared out by about 12:30 p.m. so the afternoon PATs are less strictly enforced. If you have a later PAT and arrive at the time the port opens or before boarding begins, you may not be allowed in if there already are a large number of passengers waiting.

My general rule is that if you have a PAT before 12:30, show up at the time. If you have a PAT after 12:30, show up at 12:30. You WILL be allowed into the terminal when you arrive--the only time there is an issue with this is at 10:30-11:30 when many eager people show up regardless of their assigned time and boarding has not started. Once the ship begins boarding, people move rapidly from the terminal to the ship, so there is no issue of overcrowding in the terminal.

If you show up at 12:30, you should encounter few lines. About the time you finish checking in there will be an announcement of "open boarding," which means anyone can board as soon as they are checked in. They are no longer using the number system.

About 1:30, the bus traffic from WDW will begin to arrive. You definitely want to be checked in (and hopefully on board) before that first bus pulls in. If you arrive later, you'll get in line with the bus riders.

All of this depends on the disembarkation from the previous cruise running smoothly. If it does not, there will be a mess at the terminal regardless of what time you arrive and it is possible that your cruise will depart later than scheduled.