Just off Brilliance

Just got back. The beds visibly sagged in the middle. They looked like they should be thrown away.

I've literally had them change out the mattresses - I have a Medical Condition that I have to sleep in a "reclining" position. Extra pillows under my knees and behind my rotten back. Hubby has a Bi-Pap machine (extension cord since no outlet near the bed) so our Stewards always have to obtain these. Used to be able to give advance notification. Now they leave all of them *together* and change once you're onboard. Guess it's quicker for turnaround. After Captaining Dive Boats and Customer Service being priority ... there are the ones that work hard to keep you happy ( No way would/could I do 3 to 4 months on depending on where you're working on any given vessel) Some staff have no day off during the week.

Edited by CaptDJB

• 3 months later...
On the Brilliance out of Tampa in February 2017, looking at flights home. Anyone do self-assist and what time were you allowed to leave?

I'd plan on being outside the terminal around 8am.

Grandchildren would like to know if complimentary self serve ice cream is available?

Soft serve up in Wind Jammer during their hours, Main Dinning room and more have basic flavors ask waiter. I know that the bartenders were making awesome virgin mudslides with cherries. Big hit with big group of tweens. I even think some even might have a form of sprinkles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Grandchildren would like to know if complimentary self serve ice cream is available?

It's there ... at the very back of the Windjammer on the port side.

Just be aware that you can't go into the Windjammer without a cover-up on and something on your feet. It's an unfortunate location for the soft serve machine since the kids on the pool deck want ice cream, but they have to trek to the back of the Windjammer to get it.

On the Brilliance out of Tampa in February 2017, looking at flights home. Anyone do self-assist and what time were you allowed to leave?

I walked down to the dock about 9 before my Tampa departure to take some pictures of the ship and plenty of people had already left for the airport. There was a couple waiting in front of the Aquarium for their ground transportation to arrive.