Fitbit usage

DJW8385

We synced our Fit Bit when we got home from a 7-day cruise and was able to go back for 7 days to see our daily progress. We easily reached 15,000 steps a day and like someone said; that buzz you feel when you reach 10,000 was a natural high.

The one problem you will run into, or at least I did with my old fitbit one and charge HR is because of the ship bouncing up and down it'll say you have done 250+ flights of stairs in a day

Haha! This happens when I drive my Jeep off road. :D

I am interested to see how many steps in a day and use my Fitbit as a watch in port. But I also don't plan on wearing it by the pool or at night so I'm glad to see someone was able to get all 10,000 before lunch. I'm preppin for those stairs! Since we're going on an 8-day, I'll lose the steps for one day I guess. I've heard it has a 7-day memory.

Fitbit sychs with bluetooth. I just put my phone into airplane mode and turned on the bluetooth (no wifi) and it synced.

No - the Fitbit syncs using bluetooth - no need for internet just to sync the Fitbit.

This does not work for me. I have tried several times to "test" this and I've tried to sync on a camping trip before without any network connection and no dice. My Charge HR will not sync with Bluetooth on and in airplane mode. I get a notification that says "Couldn't reach Fitbit.com to sync" or "No network connection."

The Fitbit is measuring both your movement and the movement of the ship, both forward and up and down. On my last cruise, on the walking track I was averaging 4 minute miles.

Oh geez! :eek: But this will probably just affect the miles, pace, and floors, right? Do you think it inflates the steps too?

I have a fitbit charge and as others have said it will sync with Bluetooth. However, I am always in the workweek hustle challenge with my cousins scattered around the country and it didn't update on the app until we connected to wifi. Although it blew everybody away, because getting steps on a cruise is super easy and I went from 0 to 80,000 in one sync....so that was fun.

I have a Fitbit One and my husband has the Fitbit HR. We had the same problem with inflated stairs it seemed like my One recorded more stairs. I used the elevator and had over 125 flights one day. Steps seem to work great.

We found they will hold about 8 or 9 days of information.

No - the Fitbit syncs using bluetooth - no need for internet just to sync the Fitbit.

How do I do that then? I've never used Bluetooth and always thought using Bluetooth still required an internet connection. Yes, I'm 31 years old and no, I've never used Bluetooth and have no idea how it works. :o

• 2 years later...

Just returned from a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on NCL Pearl. We were gone almost 16 days total. Wore my Fitbit One as usual.  I sync my Fitbit on my laptop which was at home.  As soon as I got home it synced all 16 days to my Dashboard.  On the ship it seemed to measure my steps very accurately but, as on previous cruises, it hyper inflated the flights of stairs (100+ on sea days).  The same thing was true of my wife's Fitbit Charge 2.  I have found no solution to that problem. I just live with it knowing that throughout the year there are many flight of stairs that I miss getting measured for various reasons, ie pausing while climbing a flight.  Hopefully it about evens out in the long run.  Yes, I did get my minimum 5 miles in every day on the cruise.  No, we never took the elevators.  Free advice:  don't jump in the ocean wearing your Fitbit One on your first snorkeling excursion of the trip as I did 4 years ago.  That was the last time I didn't log 5 miles on my Fitbit, since One's are not waterproof.  Happy cruising.  Move it or lose it.  --  Pilatesguy

• Like 1