Kettle....

Hi

Can you take a travel kettle onboard? Not to use on the ship but for our hotel afterwards as no drink facilities are available.

Many thanks

Sure, they might take it from you because it's a prohibited item, but they will give it back at the end of the cruise.

Great. Am I right that they have kettles in the cabins?

All JS staterooms and better have kettles.

In addition, Royal has been putting kettles in all staterooms on cruises based out of the UK.

All JS staterooms and better have kettles.

In addition, Royal has been putting kettles in all staterooms on cruises based out of the UK.

Not ours, although technically we weren't going OUT of the UK, but all of our stops were IN the UK.

I know this wasn't really the OP's question since they aren't planning to use the kettle on-board anyway, but I'll add that I have twice tried and failed to have the room steward get us a kettle (since they have them onboard anyway). Best workaround I found is if you order tea from room service, they will bring a large carafe of hot water. Just ask them to use a new carafe, since they normally used for coffee and will flavour the water. Once we get a good carafe, we usually hang on to it and go and fill it at the promenade or windjammer come tea time.

Ahh I thought all RC cabins had them.

Can you get coffee in room service and if so roughly how much? Prefer to have a coffee before having to face people. :-)

If it makes any difference we have the select package included.

Thanks

Ahh I thought all RC cabins had them.

Can you get coffee in room service and if so roughly how much? Prefer to have a coffee before having to face people. :-)

If it makes any difference we have the select package included.

Thanks

Room service (including coffee and hot tea) is free, except between midnight and 5am when they charge $4 per order. Not sure if these hours apply to Ovation.

Edited by clarea