Jade Questions

Vacationlover2

Going on Jade in a few month and would like some info. Does Jade still have Blue Lagoon or did they switch to O'Sheehan's? Do the specialty restaurants have the same menus as the Breakaway? Where do suite guests dine for breakfast and lunch? I am in non-haven suite if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Still Blue Lagoon. I believe the specialty menus are the old menus with à la carte pricing (so, not the same as the BA). Suite guests can have breakfast and lunch in Cagney's.

The big changes (O'Sheehan's, moving Moderno to where the Star Bar is, etc.) are not coming until the dry dock, which has been postponed until next year (2017).

What is the Blue Lagoon? What does it serve etc? Is it buffet or served food?

Opening times?

It's a 24-hour restaurant open to the atrium mid ship deck 8 port side that serves a variety of "comfort food" including yummy artichoke dip, tomato soup, wings, etc. I'll never forget our honeymoon cruise on the Jade, we were so jet-lagged on the first night we were wide awake and starving at 3 am and had the Blue Lagoon all to ourselves.

Edited by cdnsteelman

It's a 24-hour restaurant open to the atrium mid ship deck 8 port side that serves a variety of "comfort food" including yummy artichoke dip, tomato soup, wings, etc. I'll never forget our honeymoon cruise on the Jade, we were so jet-lagged on the first night we were wide awake and starving at 3 am and had the Blue Lagoon all to ourselves.

Oh great! Thank you! We enjoyed O-Sheehans on Epic - didn't expect Jade to have a 24 hour facility -

Not that we should be going hungry - but sometimes its nice to have that late night snack - many thanks :)

Fresh off the Jade... still Blue Lagoon. Having been on the Pearl last year - the food on the Jade in BL was far superior to what was on the Pearl. The chicken tenders on the Pearl were more like nuggets, and tasted awful. The ones on the Jade were actual tender-sized and tasted much better. I didn't try anything else on the Jade for lack of time.

Hi am going on my first mediteranean cruise on NCL Jade on June 4-11.

here are my questions, I have been on breakaway and other NCL cruises and how are the slides to the pool, the entertainment, is it anything like the breakaway where its like a party boat? and what is the age group on the NCL Jade? do you think it will be nice for a group of 30years olds? and how is the spa? does anyone know if they still have the spa passes for the day and if so what is the price?

also does anyone know anything about tours and prices for santorini? because we want to go to the very top but someone said go through NCL but I heard we can do it on our own and one more question. What are some good beaches, restaurants to see we are doing the Greek Isles from Venice, Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu, Olympia

your help is much appreciated if someone can answer these questions for me.

HI, we have been on Jade four times, the age range on the ship depends when you are going, but its usually pretty mixed.Day Spa passes were still available last time we sailed. Plenty to do in the evenings although I wouldn't call Jade a party ship except the White Hot Party nights!! Regarding Santorini, you can easily explore yourself, just take the cable car to the top and do your own thing, if you are fit and brave you can walk it, or at least walk back down!! the ship is usually at tender in Santorini.All of the ports are easy to do on your own on this itinerary, Hope this helps. PS the shopping is fantastic in Mykonos.

• 1 month later...
Late to this Blue Lagoon Party, but do they have Bar Service available here on the Jade?

Just love O'Sheehan's elsewhere.

gary

As I recall, there is a bar as part of Moderno which is next to Blue Lagoon, but they are only open at night. I would imagine the Blue Lagoon servers could get bar items for you from the bar downstairs in the atrium area.

I would imagine the Blue Lagoon servers could get bar items for you from the bar downstairs in the atrium area.
I think they probably will, but in the past whenever we asked, it was evident from their body language (and their regular language, actually) that they really preferred not to have to do this. Not a big deal for us to go get our own drinks.

There is 1 slide on the Jade, same as the other jewel class ships. It's pretty tame (my youngest went on it at 3 years old) - basically a 2 loop open spiral. So, if you're after thrill seeking/BA type amenities, you may be disappointed.

Ages depends on when and where you are going. We were on her at Spring Break and there were about 1000 kids. I doubt there will be near that many in Europe.