Sofa beds in the FV cabins?

mecb50

Hi all you knowledgable Celebrity people. We have an FV cabin on the Summit for our cruise in April and our best friends are going share it with us. Has anyone used the sofas as beds? Are they comfortable? Both our DH have back issues so we are wondering if they have to bunk together and us girls take the sofa beds. Any info on Quad usage would be welcome. I am so excited that we have finally booked our next cruise!! icon_biggrin.gif Mary

whale.gif

SUMMIT 4/05

HORIZON 3/04

SUMMIT 9/03

I can partially answer your question from experience.

We used an Infinity FV as a quad for my family of 4. However it was our 2 young kids that slept in the sofabeds.

As you may know both sofa beds mechanically convert into beds. The longer of the two sofas actually "flips over" into a single bed while the shorter of the two sofas "extends" out into a bed as well. My 9 yr old daughter slept on the flipover bed and she was pretty comfortable--but I am sure her discomfort tolerance was high because of her age. Our 6 yr old son slept on the other bed but because of his small size (and to conserve floor space), we did not extend out the sofabed but rather he slept on the sofa asi-is.

Some photos of our FV cabin with pictures of the sofabeds: Infinity FV

Jubilee 1991 Solar Eclipse

Century FO 1996 E Carib

Mercury FO 1998 W Carib

Galaxy SS 2000 Alaska IP

Infinity FV 2002 S Carib

Horizon HS 3/05 W Carib

Mary,

We're headed to Alaska 8/27 in a FV cabin on the Summit with 4 folks. How did you all enjoy the room and beds? And, any issues with noise, vibrations or other aft concerns?

Hope you had a great time!

Chirk, You are going to have to tell ME how the cabin was in August. We don't go until next April! Please drop me an email ( you can find that if you click on my name) when you get back.. I was on the Summit to Alaska last Sept. Was a terrific cruise and a wonderful time. You will have a great time. You don't spend that much time in the cabin anyway, but the large verandas are great so that we can sit outside ( we are going to Aruba, etc) and not worry about getting chairs in the "smoking" sections. ( some of us ( actually, just not me) have that vile habit!) Have a great time in August and don't forget to email me about the sleeping arrangements. Mary

PS we are deck 9 so I don't think the noise will be a problem. It is under the outside eating area of the Waterfall cafe. As far as engine noise. We had a LOW aft cabin on the Horizon and the engines were loud docking, but that was Morning and we never minded. Actually, it was nice. You knew when the noise stopped we were docked. I don't think in the higher cabins the engine noise would be an issue. (and I love the vibrations anyway...beats putting a quarter in the beds icon_biggrin.gif)

whale.gif

SUMMIT 4/05

HORIZON 3/04

SUMMIT 9/03

Joan, What's this about an Alascal Rascal Reunion. Are you doing the Cruise again this Sept? I thought you were doing the Baltic this June/July? Or are you planning a land based reunion? Either way, say hi to everyone for me. That was a great group of people and a wonderful cruise. Mary

whale.gif

SUMMIT 4/05

HORIZON 3/04

SUMMIT 9/03

Chirk , sorry about reposting. I guess you can't get my email from the profile. It is mebunker@comcast.net . Please note it down or reply on line to one of my posts when you get back. I would love to hear how you did on your cruise. Any questions about the Summit in general I will gladly answer, however there are many posts about the summit on this board so you can be kept busy reading them all!! Mary

whale.gif

SUMMIT 4/05

HORIZON 3/04

SUMMIT 9/03

Mary,

We're talking about doing the same cruise in Sept of '95. Donald and Cynthia started a thread about it. A few have booked already and there seems to be a lot of interest in doing a reunion. We had such a nice time. We leave tomorrow for London and the Baltic cruise.

Archived