Vision of the Sea Cabin 4056

Hi We have booked Vision of the Sea for October its Croatia, Turkey & Greece cruise. Ocean View Cabin 4056 I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on this cabin please. We have cruised twice before on bigger ships and have always had a balcony cabin above deck 11. I am worried about seasickness and noise level of this cabin. Also if anyone has been on this cruise before would love your thoughts or opinions on it. Private v's Royal excursions etc. Thanks Anita

I am not prone to motion sickness so not sure I'm the best judge. But I would say that you will not have any worse experience than any other ship. I have done Vision class many times. I have felt more motion on Allure at times. It's really all dependent on the weather and seas. No one can predict that. Which cruise are you on? We did Greek Isle's last Sept. so I can tell you about some of the ports. But the itineraries are different. So if you could be more specific it would help.

A few quick thoughts. If you go to Santorini, don't ride the donkeys down. :) If the cable car line can get long toward the end of the day so plan for that. Also, we took the water taxi to Oia. It may or may not be running, but it drops you there and you bus up the hill. Then they have a free bus to Fira (where the ship is) and you cable car back down. It was in interesting.

If you go to Kusadasi, Turkey, go out to Ephesus. Fantastic we did a private tour through Ephesus Shuttle. FANTASTIC! One of our best tours in 29 cruises! We did Tour 4-A1 and added the Terrace Houses. Not to be missed.

If you go to Mykonos, consider taking the boat to Delos Island. Truly amazing. You can also do that on your own.

Katakolon is the port to go to Olympia. You can catch a cab out there with no problem and tour on your own.

All these required significant walking so if that is an issue, keep that in mind no matter where you go.

It's a fantastic area to cruise. You'll really enjoy it.

We were in 4068 on a Western Caribbean itinerary. Noise for centrum was not a problem as long as the doors were closed, and you will be further forward. There is noise of people dragging deck chairs on the promenade above, but it was not that bad. As for motion, at worst we felt a low frequency vibration that is suspect was from the waves hitting the hull, or the diesels. You would not get seasick from that, and barely notice.

Hi We have booked Vision of the Sea for October its Croatia, Turkey & Greece cruise. Ocean View Cabin 4056 I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on this cabin please. We have cruised twice before on bigger ships and have always had a balcony cabin above deck 11. I am worried about seasickness and noise level of this cabin. Also if anyone has been on this cruise before would love your thoughts or opinions on it. Private v's Royal excursions etc. Thanks Anita

What is the date you are sailing. We are on one in October also.

What is the date you are sailing. We are on one in October also.

We are sailing 15th of October. I've just noticed the name of our cruise has changed from Greece, Croatia & Turkey to Greece & Croatia I wonder what that is about?

I am not prone to motion sickness so not sure I'm the best judge. But I would say that you will not have any worse experience than any other ship. I have done Vision class many times. I have felt more motion on Allure at times. It's really all dependent on the weather and seas. No one can predict that. Which cruise are you on? We did Greek Isle's last Sept. so I can tell you about some of the ports. But the itineraries are different. So if you could be more specific it would help.

A few quick thoughts. If you go to Santorini, don't ride the donkeys down. :) If the cable car line can get long toward the end of the day so plan for that. Also, we took the water taxi to Oia. It may or may not be running, but it drops you there and you bus up the hill. Then they have a free bus to Fira (where the ship is) and you cable car back down. It was in interesting.

If you go to Kusadasi, Turkey, go out to Ephesus. Fantastic we did a private tour through Ephesus Shuttle. FANTASTIC! One of our best tours in 29 cruises! We did Tour 4-A1 and added the Terrace Houses. Not to be missed.

If you go to Mykonos, consider taking the boat to Delos Island. Truly amazing. You can also do that on your own.

Katakolon is the port to go to Olympia. You can catch a cab out there with no problem and tour on your own.

All these required significant walking so if that is an issue, keep that in mind no matter where you go.

It's a fantastic area to cruise. You'll really enjoy it.

Thank you so much for all of that information. I have not really started looking into excursion yet so that will be very usefull. Our previous cruises have been to the Med where we did all our own excursions and Alaska (Honeymoon) where we did all Celebrity own excursions. I am hoping we will be able to do private or on our own excursions this time.

Our ports are Dubrovnik, Santorini, Kusadasi and Katakolon. Royal have just renamed the cruise to exclude Turkey from the title so I am not sure what that means!

Thank you so much for all of that information. I have not really started looking into excursion yet so that will be very usefull. Our previous cruises have been to the Med where we did all our own excursions and Alaska (Honeymoon) where we did all Celebrity own excursions. I am hoping we will be able to do private or on our own excursions this time.

Our ports are Dubrovnik, Santorini, Kusadasi and Katakolon. Royal have just renamed the cruise to exclude Turkey from the title so I am not sure what that means!

I just checked mine and we are still going to Turkey.

[/b]

I just checked mine and we are still going to Turkey.

Hi Juanita

Ya Kusadasi is still one of the ports but Turkey has been removed from the name of the cruise. I wonder would it have anything to do with the refugee crisis in Turkey?

• 5 weeks later...

Dropping Kusadasi would be too bad. The tour of Ephesus was the highlight of our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk