Seattle to Vancouver

CatsnVegas

Hi All,

I just discovered that if I fly into Seattle rather than Vancouver for our cruise next year, I can save almost $500.00 on my airfare!!! Now that's a nice chunk of change to use on other things, but here's my dilema...How does one get from Seattle to Vancouver and then back from Vancouver to Seattle to fly back home? (I don't want to rent a car and drive and a bus just doesnt sound appealing, yes I'm picky :-) Any advice? We are flying up the day before the cruise if that helps at all.

thanks for any suggestions...

I also suggest Amtrak. The rates are very reasonable and the ride was better than I expected. I sat in the Business class section and it was under $40. Of course that was 3 years ago, but go on Amtrak website to get a price quote.

You could take the Amtrak train; or you can take a quick Alaska Airlines flight from Seattle to Vancouver for a cheap price!

Alaska's flights between Seattle and Vancouver are hardly cheap. $200 plus usually. You could rent a car and drive it for a lot less than that. But I agree - Amtrak is a great ride between the two cities.

try the quick shuttle service. they are right at the seattle airport and take you too lots of hotels and destinations in vancouver. we had a nice comfortable ride and only paid $74 roundtrip. they were at the port when we got off the ship and took us back to seattle.

www.quickshuttle.com. no taxis to worry about and pay for.

oopppps. posted this and read your message again. i see you dont want to ride a bus.

Well I really appreciate the quick shuttle advice musicmansmom. You saved my sanity. I was trying to find some way to get to Vancouver without Greyhound or Amtrack. This bus sounds great.

i am so glad i could help. this bus is the size of a grayhound with a restroom in it. make sure you have your confirmation # with you when you get to the check in point at the airport ( they will check for that # ). it is very easy to find at the seattle airport. go to their site and you will see where the pick-up point is located. go to the shuttle site and pretend you are going to book a certain trip. a bar will come up for drop-offs in vancouver. you will see all the hotels they drop you off at in there. when you get on the return trip they take you back to two hotels in seattle ( i forgot which ones ) or you go straight to your gate for a flight home. to be safe, I WOULD NOT BOOK A RETURN flight home before 2 pm that day to make sure you get to the airport in time. it can be a wait to be checked through at certain times of the day for heavy traffic. here on cc go to the alaska thread and you will see post about getting to vancouver from seattle and vise versa. there will be post there about this shuttle. have fun reading.

this was a very comfortable and easy ride for me to take. the driver was very good and the bus was really clean and rode well. i hope i have helped you. and dont forget to tell them if you are a senior. it might help in the price. have a wonderful time and make sure you investigate vancouver it is a great city. here is a website for them

www.bcpassport.com. :)

Archived