Tux on Formal Nights??

lotstock

This is the first time cruising with Carnival, we usually cruise with RCCL or Princess and on formal nights my husband always wears a Tux, will there be many men in Tux's or will it be more just trousers and a shirt, didn't want to pack it if no need.

Thanks

You may get lots of different answers to that question.

Like you we to love formal nights and have sailed both RCCL and Princess to. Carnival call them "Elegant evenings"

I love to see Hubby in his tux and I am packing it when we sail in October.

Go with what you want to wear and not what others do is what I say.

I have noticed if you sail from the UK you get a high number of passengers dress up.

We sailed from Venice last year and again the number of tux's and suits was high.

Us Brits like to dress up, our across the pond cousins not so much i'm afraid.

Sorry guys but that's the way I read in when ever this comes up. And that goes for all cruise lines.

Thanks for that, guess I will have to make room for it in the case, he just didn't want to be the only one in a tux.

I'm pretty he won't be the only one.

If he is do come back and put me right.

Hope you have a couple of nice posh dresses to compliment his attire with :)

It is a good excuse now to go shopping :D

Oh yes a new cruise is always a good excuse although DH moans. I do have 3 boxes full of "cruise dresses".

I buy them off Ebay very cheap most I get for under £10, a couple just over but 90% cost me around the £7.50 mark. and that includes postage.......

My plan is to wear it once and then put it back on line for sale.

I have quite a few to list this summer.

I don't have a problem saying where I got them from when complimented on board.....

have fun shopping, I already have done and i'm spoilt for choice. :D

Carnival no longer rents tuxedo's on ships departing from European ports. My husband will be wearing a suit. We were able to get a tux 3 years ago on the Breeze. Now they are no longer available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have cruised with Princess, Carnival and Disney and usually pack suits for the 3 males in my family. Having said that, we will be in Europe for over 3 weeks this summer and packing three suits will take up too much room in our luggage. What I will likely do is pack dress pants, dress shirts and ties for my husband and 2 sons for our July cruise. For me it will be easier because there are many women's cocktail dresses out there that don't take up any room at all!! So it's not that we don't like dressing up but given our extended itinerary, it's not practical.

We only cruise in Europe and the number of men in a Tux is very small.I think everyone should wear whatever they want but you will not be uncomfortable if you decide not to pack a Tux.Most people do some traveling before or after the cruise and luggage space is limited.

We only cruise in Europe and the number of men in a Tux is very small.I think everyone should wear whatever they want but you will not be uncomfortable if you decide not to pack a Tux.Most people do some traveling before or after the cruise and luggage space is limited.

Interesting, we weren't sure (but were hoping) if elegant night would be more conformed to in Europe compared to the Caribbean. DH is packing a nice suit for the trip, not a tux, but we will still be dressed up.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016