Category 4 cabin for 5 people

MaiTaiMary

We are pricing out a Disney cruise for fall of 2017 on the Fantasy. We are a family of 5. The balcony cabins, category 4, will fit all 5 of us. As anybody done this before? We're trying to figure out if it would just be too tight for all of us.

The other alternative is two inside cabin, for $150 more.

Any other families of 5 out there? What have you done? Kids will be 13, 11, and 10 years old.

Thanks. :)

The cat 4s are made for 5 people, but it isn't spacious that way.

It really depends on how much time you will spend in your cabin and how much you want the balcony. While I normally think 2 cabins are better, if the choice is 2 insides vs. one balcony and you are first time cruisers, I'd probably go with the balcony.

The adults can shower in the locker rooms at the fitness center/spa if everyone getting ready for something is an issue. There is plenty of space to store suitcases under the big bed. And if this is your first Disney cruise, you won't spend much time at all in the cabin. Logically, you can be "cozy" for a week. You will have the split bath, which makes getting ready easier for lots of people.

Edited by moki'smommy

We are pricing out a Disney cruise for fall of 2017 on the Fantasy. We are a family of 5. The balcony cabins, category 4, will fit all 5 of us. As anybody done this before? We're trying to figure out if it would just be too tight for all of us.

The other alternative is two inside cabin, for $150 more.

Any other families of 5 out there? What have you done? Kids will be 13, 11, and 10 years old.

Thanks. :)

This is a 4a room that sleeps 5.

23mtv9k.jpg[/img]

And, with the beds open:

htfnnq.jpg[/img]

For our family, we could have done it and not killed each other. But other families - not so much. It's really your call.

We always get a balcony, so that would be my choice. I'm not a crowd or sun person. You won't ever find me by a pool or at a bar. I'll be on the balcony, most of the time.

We're a new family of five, spend lots of time in room, and we will be getting a balcony. Your kids are older, so I'm guessing other than getting ready in am and for dinner, you won't have five in the room that often.

I think the kids personalities come into play though.

Do all 3 kids get along, or do they need their own personal space?

Are there 3 girly girls that like to spend a lot of time in the bathroom getting showered? As having 2 Staterooms with 2 sets of bathrooms would benefit you massively in that case?

There are a lot of variables.

ex techie