Ocean Wold Day Pass Question

jc4me

The description on the Carnival site for the Ocean World Day Pass says that "Day Pass visitors have the opportunity to snorkel in our Tropical Reef Aquarium". Would someone that has done this excursion tell me if there is an extra charge to snorkel in the aquarium or if it is included in the cost? It also says "Guests will also have free access to the dolphin beach, as well as the fresh water pool located in the Tiger Grotto." Just trying to decide if we need to take bathing suits and towels to this excursion. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

We went last year.

The snorkeling is basically a lazy river type thing only with fish in it and no innertube. We decided not to bother since we could see everything through the glass walls, but were told it did not have an extra charge. There was also the mentioned beach and pool but we didn't bother with that either. We got enough beach and water time at other ports.

So yes, if you want to swim you should take appropriate swimwear/towels, but they are not necessary if you are just wanting to see the shows or sit on the beach.

We went last year.

The snorkeling is basically a lazy river type thing only with fish in it and no innertube. We decided not to bother since we could see everything through the glass walls, but were told it did not have an extra charge. There was also the mentioned beach and pool but we didn't bother with that either. We got enough beach and water time at other ports.

So yes, if you want to swim you should take appropriate swimwear/towels, but they are not necessary if you are just wanting to see the shows or sit on the beach.

Thank you so much! I guess that we will decide what we will do when we get there and find out how the weather will be. Are there lockers for rent there? I am pretty sure that I remember reading that there are, but would love to verify that!

• 2 weeks later...

We did get the Ocean World Day Pass in Amber Cove. It was fun, but not spectacular. We watched the dolphin show and the sea lion show. We did snorkel in the aquarium, which was kind of neat. One of our group had never snorkeled so t was a new experience for him. There is a little beach, but nothing special. We did rent a large locker and I think it was $10. You have to pay $20 but get $10 back when you turn in the lock. We ate lunch there at the restaurant and meals were about $10 each (for a sandwich). They had a buffet for $14 but we opted for the sandwich.

We had a guide, Giovanny, but we didn't stay with the group. You had the option of doing your own thing. There were a few things that we did not do there like a bird show and a shark show. We did end up at the exit at the same time as our group, which was fortunate because I'm not sure what would have happened if we had missed the bus. He said to meet at the exit at 3:30 and were there early and left by 3:00 PM.

After we got back on the ship and washed out our bathing suits in the sink we discovered just how dirty the water was that we had been snorkeling in. It took a few rinses to get the bathing suits clean!! :eek:

The port area in Amber Cove is simply beautiful and lush. Once you get out of the port area you see the reality of the Dominican Republic. On the ship we had picked up massive amounts of flies while we were there. They had to close down the outdoor cooking areas on the ship several times due to the fly infestation. Hopefully the flies were a fluke thing and not an issue on every cruise!

I probably would go back to Ocean World in the future but skip the snorkeling.