Upgrading my reservation to a better room

My wife and I are sailing on the Epic next week and we booked a balcony level suite on the 8th deck. At the time it was a good price point for the value but I can't help but wonder if I would like a better room. Is there a best time to enquire about an upgrade to a nicer room? If so, how do I do that and how good of a deal should I expect?

You can call the upsell department, best time to call starts two weeks before the cruise. They are open on weekdays only, 9-5. Number is 1.800.625.4309

As for what they would offer and to what price depends purely on your cruise's available capacity, what you already have paid, etc, etc. There is no way for us to guess how good of a deal you might get if there is availability.

No harm in calling and asking. This week I went from a family picture window room to a balcony room for an additional 35.16$ total. It came with 100$ OBC and I was able to choose a second perk. No wonder the agent said if she were me she'd jump on it lol

Chesswiththedevil---call now. 5 H4 Haven cabins available--normally $5800 for 2 people.

I called. They said that they didn't have any Mini-suites yet but they had a Haven H6 upgrade for $500pp, an H4 for $750 pp, and an owners suite (O?) for $1000pp. She said that the mini-suites should open up next week so I will call on Monday. Quick question about the Haven for those that have had it - we won't be spending a ton of time on the ship because of the port intensive schedule, are we likely to benefit much from the upgrade?

Yes, even on a port intensive cruise there are quite nice benefits from having a real suite (not mini-suite, those are basically deluxe balconies with no perks), for example full breakfast served in suite by the butler, no room service fee and you can also request snacks to be waiting for you in your suite when you return from the port - just to name a few that people like when visiting ports. In addition you'll get priority embarkation/disembarkation which means a lot less standing in lines waiting.

I'd probably take the H6 for $500pp, that is a good price as normally the difference to balcony cabins is four figures per person.

Yes. I also would take the H6 in a heartbeat. You likely will already get a few perks for putting together your meet and greet (like maybe a few treats delivered), but the H6 aft balconies are enormous; the Haven restaurant is very very good, you get a butler, who will bring treats every day, and concierge, who will deal with reservations etc., and room service charged is waived for those in suites. The Haven has a nice uncrowded open pool, and a steam room and sauna as I recall (someone will correct me if I am mis-remembering .... Other side of coin is that butler and concierge are not in tip pool, so need to be tipped if they provide you service, and also, DSC is higher in suites. I would not pay to upgrade to a mini-suite - there is basically no real difference between a balcony and a mini-suite.

We have an H4 for just the two of us -- I am on your roll call but not boarding until 4/27 in civi.

Surprise your wife. She will love it! My husband has no idea we are in a two bedroom suite. And he pays zero attention to planning, so I cannot wait to see his reaction when he realizes we have a two bedroom suite. We have been in penthouse suites before, but never in a suite this large. Cannot wait!

Terry

Edited by tel2