Millennium vs Solstice Class Ships

Newbury newbie

Sorry to refresh an older thread, just curious how the OP found the M class vs S class? I'm in a similar situation - Celebrity is my cruise line of choice, however, I've only been on S Class ships and I'm considering a trip on the constellation.

I also saw another comment how the Oceanview Cafe on M class was not as good as S class, just curious how so variety? Quality? Physical layout?

Last August seems a distant blur now!! We’re off to Hawaii on Solstice in 3 weeks!! :):):)

It’s true to say we’d much prefer the bigger ships in S Class. There some good things with Connie, like the cocktail tables in the theatre seats and the aft bar outside of the OVC! However, although the ship was just out of dry dock it looked a bit tired in places. Also there seemed to be less staff to passenger ratio which affected service in the MDR, especially the sommelier! We complained about the service to the hotel director and got some personal attendance from the head maitre’d for a while. This wasn’t our point as we were saying the staff were trying but they were short on numbers and there was a big difference with the S class and M Class. In the end we got a £300 future cruise credit and a letter saying they accepted that service levels could have been better.

The OVC is smaller, has less choice and not laid out as well as the S class. Quality of food was the same though. The martini bar was a copy although smaller and harder to get a seat.

Hope that helps!

The OVC is smaller, has less choice and not laid out as well as the S class. Quality of food was the same though. The martini bar was a copy although smaller and harder to get a seat.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for reporting back :)

There’s no central open area in OV on the M class like there is on S - you have to walk around to gain access to the other side. The panini/sandwich station at the far end is great.

I prefer the layout in Cafe al Bacio on M class as I like the few steps up to the seating area.

Thanks for this description of OV. Cafe Al Bacio on M sounds nice - I really enjoy going there on S Class... So I'm glad to hear it's also nice on Connie (where did the nickname Connie come from???)

I would much prefer sailing on Connie than Reflection (you know my feelings there ;)).

Hahaha. I hear ya!

Sorry to refresh an older thread, just curious how the OP found the M class vs S class? I'm in a similar situation - Celebrity is my cruise line of choice, however, I've only been on S Class ships and I'm considering a trip on the constellation.

I also saw another comment how the Oceanview Cafe on M class was not as good as S class, just curious how so variety? Quality? Physical layout?

S OVC has kiosks. M has long buffet stations laying parallel to one another.

With S kiosks it’s easier to walk around and survey the food, plus easier to walk from one side to the other to find family or a seat. You aren’t waiting in line as much as you might be on the M ships. On the other hand the Ms service fewer pax overall.

Quality of food is same IMHO. Normally I don’t care for a buffet but the OVC on =X= is very good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

S OVC has kiosks. M has long buffet stations laying parallel to one another.

With S kiosks it’s easier to walk around and survey the food, plus easier to walk from one side to the other to find family or a seat. You aren’t waiting in line as much as you might be on the M ships. On the other hand the Ms service fewer pax overall.

Quality of food is same IMHO. Normally I don’t care for a buffet but the OVC on =X= is very good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really like the S class kiosk concept.

After many sailings on S Class Celebrity, I sailed on Princess Ruby and really didn't enjoy their buffet layout.

I suspect that the M class buffet line is similar to that? Are you able to look around and hop in when you see something you like, or is it pretty much you have to follow along in line?

We booked our next cruise for 2017 while on board Reflection recently. This was a 10 night Med & Adriatic out of Barcalona on the Constallation. We're particularly happy with the itinerary but have some concern about the ship.

We're still relatively new to cruising with the 4 we've done all being with X and all on Solstice class ships. We want to keep with X, and ideally would choose Solstice ships, but our available dates limits this somewhat.

Are we likely to be disappointed with Connie? Having been spoilt by our experiences on Reflection and Eclipse. I appreciate the millennium ships have been "solsticised" but they seem considerably smaller with less open deck space etc.

When I enquired how old Connie was the OB future cruise agent told us that She had just come out of another minor upgrade/refit with them putting grass on the sports deck and converting this to an outdoor cinema area. Anyone know if that's really the case? Any photos?

Would be be interested in people's thoughts on this.

Our first experience with Celebrity was on the Constellation and we absolutely loved it. Our experience with Celebrity was outstanding with service all across the board. The constellation is a very nice ship and we are looking forward to our next cruise on the Solstice.

When the Millenium was new 2000, it was beautiful. I have sailed on the Millenium three times. Unfortunately, the Millenium is showing its age. It is scheduled for a well deserved refit in 2019. I hope that the Millenium will return as good as it was in 2000. The crew on the Millenium is excellent. I would wait until after the refit before booking on Millenium.