Tampa 2017

DreamingBig1

NCL did a LOT of shuffling of ships last fall and even has messed around with the Jewel and Sun itineraries in the last few months. I get the feeling the CEO is watching yields on seasonal homeports like Tampa, New Orleans, LA, etc and they may change those strategies for 2017/18. They have had to dump a LOT of cabins last minute at VERY low pricing from those ports, which hurts their bottom line. Frankie is a Bean Counter by nature so he may want to make some changes to improve performance. They already announced they would not be returning to Houston, moved to a significantly smaller ship in the Med for winter 2017/18 (and changed itinerary patterns), moved a ship to Asia, so who knows what else they will decide to do.

There have been rumors of them putting a ship in Port Canaveral again for 3&4 nt cruises - could they possibly do those on the Sun and go all-inclusive like the Sky? Or maybe they are waiting to see what happens with Cuba, as that could open a whole host of options.

With the exception of a few itineraries like South America, the average cruiser books less than 8 months out. They may feel it's prudent to see how this fall/winter shapes up and release fall/winter 2017/18 later in the summer/early fall. Really all a guessing game now as they have stated no definitive release dates for the missing ships in the schedule.

Welcome to the new NCL - "you'll get your Deployments when we are good and ready to give em to ya" - for your convenience

Welcome to the new NCL - "you'll get your Deployments when we are good and ready to give em to ya" - for your convenience

Sad, but true. [emoji6] Now..if they added a ship out of Charleston again I wouldn't mind the wait!

I'm hoping for more varied Caribbean itineraries...Turks and Caicos, longer Southern itineraries, etc. I prefer booking as early as possible.

Gives me more time to plan and look forward to my trips. [emoji41]

Sad, but true. [emoji6] Now..if they added a ship out of Charleston again I wouldn't mind the wait!

I'm hoping for more varied Caribbean itineraries...Turks and Caicos, longer Southern itineraries, etc. I prefer booking as early as possible.

Gives me more time to plan and look forward to my trips. [emoji41]

All of the above would be nice. I have a cruise certificate I want to use but I need to book for 2017. Hope they release them soon!

NCL did a LOT of shuffling of ships last fall and even has messed around with the Jewel and Sun itineraries in the last few months. I get the feeling the CEO is watching yields on seasonal homeports like Tampa, New Orleans, LA, etc and they may change those strategies for 2017/18. They have had to dump a LOT of cabins last minute at VERY low pricing from those ports, which hurts their bottom line. Frankie is a Bean Counter by nature so he may want to make some changes to improve performance. They already announced they would not be returning to Houston, moved to a significantly smaller ship in the Med for winter 2017/18 (and changed itinerary patterns), moved a ship to Asia, so who knows what else they will decide to do.

There have been rumors of them putting a ship in Port Canaveral again for 3&4 nt cruises - could they possibly do those on the Sun and go all-inclusive like the Sky? Or maybe they are waiting to see what happens with Cuba, as that could open a whole host of options.

With the exception of a few itineraries like South America, the average cruiser books less than 8 months out. They may feel it's prudent to see how this fall/winter shapes up and release fall/winter 2017/18 later in the summer/early fall. Really all a guessing game now as they have stated no definitive release dates for the missing ships in the schedule.

Very interesting observations as to why NCL has not released the rest of the winter 2018 itineraries. However, NCL needs to be careful if they are going to, once again, deploy a large numbers of ships to the Caribbean. We have already booked a trip for January 2018 on MSC partly because NCL did not have anything new available and also the prices for the suites have significantly increased on NCL.

There is also a small number of cruises who like to book cruise early and NCL might lose those customers.

Edited by jmele999

Very interesting observations as to why NCL has not released the rest of the winter 2018 itineraries. However, NCL needs to be careful if they are going to, once again, deploy a large numbers of ships to the Caribbean. We have already booked a trip for January 2018 on MSC partly because NCL did not have anything new available and also the prices for the suites have significantly increased on NCL.

There is also a small number of cruises who like to book cruise early and NCL might lose those customers.[/quote

I agree. If I didn't have a certicate I would have already booked elsewhere.