Boarding Times For Regatta ??

curtdesilets

We are taking an Alaska Cruise on Regatta (via Seattle) in July, and I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know approximately when boarding begins? We are Category D (Outside View) and I have read that the boarding time is by category.

2) Will Oceania still provide us LUNCH after we board? And if so, where do we go?

3) Does Oceania offer a shuttle from SEATAC to the Pier? Price (approx?)

If anyone can answer one or more of these, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance. Curtis (Oceania Novice)

Edited by curtdesilets
clarification

Lunch is served in the Terrace Cafe (buffet restaurant) on Deck 9 aft. If your room isn't ready when you board (and chances are good that it won't be), they will tell you to go there anyway.

I'm guessing that boarding time for you will be around 1pm. Boarding times can vary depending on the itinerary and departure time, but in our experience it is most common for the suites to have an 11am boarding time and the lower cabins around 1pm. If you have received your booklet already (not likely with a July departure, I think) the information will be in there.

Remember that there will still be some departing passengers still on board at 9am although they ask that cabins be vacated by 8am or so. And at that time they start turning them over for the new passengers, which takes time.

No idea about a shuttle! We usually just take a cab to the ship, but we also usually fly in at least one day ahead of time, often more.

Welcome to Oceania.

Mura

If Oceania offers transfers from the airport, they are usually much more expensive than anything you can arrange on our own. We usually take a taxi or Uber at a fraction of Oceania's transfer. You also don't have to wait until their bus is fully loaded. We have gotten onboard any time between 11am and 1pm, but if you arrive too early along with a large number of others, you may have to wait until closer to your assigned boarding time.

I agree that a taxi will be less expensive and more convenient than an Oceania transfer.

Check page four of your personalized Vacation Cruise Guide for the official word on when your particular Embarkation time is, but as stated earlier it will probably be in the region of 1pm or 2pm.

b_211126.jpg

After boarding, you'll be directed from the Embarkation Lobby up to Deck 9 (the Pool Deck) where the Buffet restaurant (The Terrace Cafe) will be serving lunch, and Waves, the nearby pool bar will be open for business.

Enjoy Alaska!

• 2 weeks later...
I agree that a taxi will be less expensive and more convenient than an Oceania transfer.

Check page four of your personalized Vacation Cruise Guide for the official word on when your particular Embarkation time is, but as stated earlier it will probably be in the region of 1pm or 2pm.

b_211126.jpg

After boarding, you'll be directed from the Embarkation Lobby up to Deck 9 (the Pool Deck) where the Buffet restaurant (The Terrace Cafe) will be serving lunch, and Waves, the nearby pool bar will be open for business.

Enjoy Alaska!

We got our boarding documents this week stating a 1pm boarding time for us. I think we will just take a cab as I believe Regatta leaves from the older port in Seattle, the one that is much closer to the airport.

Any information on how difficult it is to get a taxi to the airport at the Seattle port on our return. We have a 12:20 flight and I'm wondering about debarkation, customs, etc. and how early we should plan to leave the ship. We have just used the taxi line in other ports but I've read some older posts that taxis can be hard to come by when there are a lot of ships debarking at the same time.

Also been reading that the Seattle airport is very disorganized, with long lines. But another post said that we can do our baggage check-in and get boarding passes right on the ship- but it is unclear whether all ships offer this.

I would appreciate any information.

Thanks,

Mary

Also been reading that the Seattle airport is very disorganized, with long lines. But another post said that we can do our baggage check-in and get boarding passes right on the ship- but it is unclear whether all ships offer this.

It's not the ship that offers the Boarding Pass/Check In feature, that would be a service of your Airline.

The other Post referred to Passengers using the Internet from the ship.

All of the Oceania ships offer Internet, so you only have to be confident that you'd know how to access the Airline Website, and that you would have carried the proper e-credentials (confirmation code or the equivalent).

On a similar topic, many Airlines are now offering mobile boarding passes which may be downloaded directly to your smartphone, negating the need to find a printer (always in short supply). Definitely the best option for a domestic arrival.